Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

would you marry a man who has had multiple divorces? like 2 or more

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 127 Replies
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't what about you?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it depends more on the man involved ... how long ago they were, why they happened.

I certainly wouldn't have married a man in his 20s who'd been divorced... but I married a 21yo (when I was 19) so it was unlikely to come up.

After dh is dead and I'm in my 90s? Well, I still probably wouldn't marry a man in his 20s who had been divorced :D 

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I never thought about it.  I met my dh in high school.  But, it would depend on the man, circumstances, etc.  I wouldn't say a blanket yes or no.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM

nope.  

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Nope -

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Probably not.   I'm a second wife (DH had a brief early marriage at 21) but I would be wary of being a third or fourth.  

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LindaClement:

I think it depends more on the man involved ... how long ago they were, why they happened.

I certainly wouldn't have married a man in his 20s who'd been divorced... but I married a 21yo (when I was 19) so it was unlikely to come up.

After dh is dead and I'm in my 90s? Well, I still probably wouldn't marry a man in his 20s who had been divorced :D 

Ha!

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM

It would depend on the circumstances.

SweetPoison
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Probably not. Obviously theres a problem with commitment and taking marriage seriously.

blueforewolf
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

hell if there is some 21 year old that wants to make it with my 90 year old self I'm going for it!!!! LMFAO

Quoting LindaClement:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Yup!

puppy

Quoting blueforewolf:

hell if there is some 21 year old that wants to make it with my 90 year old self I'm going for it!!!! LMFAO

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN