Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anderson Cooper Humiliates Anti-Gay Arizona Rep on CNN

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 102 Replies
2 moms liked this

Uh oh, there's a video to watch. I was told by a conservative that people don't have time to watch videos on CM (it was a video she didn't like). I pointed out that no one has to watch a video but don't blame "time". You're on the internet during that time, lol. If you're someone who agrees with the man that makes a fool out of himself in this video, then no, you probably don't want to watch.  If you do want to watch but don't want to here about the reps background then skip to the 1:38 mark.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:08 AM
8 moms liked this

That guy was so painfully stupid I wanted to punch something. 

PamR
by Pam on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM
4 moms liked this

<sigh> I love Anderson.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I'll have to look it up elsewhere, can't see the video.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM
7 moms liked this

Silver Fox. And crazy stupid beautiful blue eyes. 

Quoting PamR:

I love Anderson.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Cenk Uygar.....rolling on floor 

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM
7 moms liked this

I understand that a non American name might be funny to you, but the person doing the interview was Anderson Cooper, sorry that wasn't clear.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Cenk Uygar.....rolling on floor 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:22 AM
5 moms liked this

Anderson Coopers facial expressions. Oh My God. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you laughing at him or at his non-anglo name? 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Cenk Uygar.....

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

This isn't a video but a good blog about the interview, but it's only a partial transcpipt. I'll look for a full transcript.

http://americablog.com/2014/02/anderson-cooper-interviews-dithering-idiot-supporter-arizonas-anti-gay-stand-god-law.html

Anderson Cooper obliterates dithering idiot supporter of Arizona’s anti-gay “Stand Your God” law

Last night, Anderson Cooper interviewed Arizona Republican state senator Al Melvin, a supporter of SB1062, the anti-gay “religious freedom” law that would permit people in the state to ignore practically any law that they claim impinges on their religious beliefs.

I’m calling SB1062 the “Stand Your God” law, in a nod to the “Stand Your Ground” laws that let people in Florida and other states shoot dead anyone who offends their delicate sensibilities.

In a move that smacks of Citizens United for religion, the new law would also recognize corporations as “people” who have religious beliefs, and thus will be permitted to discriminate based on those beliefs, particularly, but not exclusively, against gays.

I did a long analysis of the Arizona anti-gay law the other night, based on extensive conversations with the ACLU of Arizona, that you can read here.

The law, which is part of a larger pattern of similar laws being offered by Republicans in multiple states at once, is now before the state’s Republican governor, Jan Brewer, who has yet to decide if she’s going to sign it.

In Anderson’s interview, you’ll note that the state senator, who’s running for governor, isn’t quite all there.  But when in doubt, his staff clearly told him “mention religious freedom.”

ANDERSON COOPER: You say it’s all about protecting people of faith in Arizona, can you give me a specific example of someone in Arizona who’s been forced to do something against their religious belief, or who’s been successfully sued because of their faith?

ARIZONA STATE SENATOR MELVIN: Again, I think if anything this bill is pre-emptive, to protect priests.

ANDERSON COOPER: You can’t give me one example of this actually happening.

ARIZONA STATE SENATOR MELVIN: No, I can’t. But we’ve seen it in other states, and we don’t want it to happen here.

ANDERSON COOPER: But it’s happened in other states that have laws protecting gay people, specifically, that’s what this bill is all about. And in Arizona they don’t have laws protecting gay people, so it can’t happen in Arizona.

ARIZONA STATE SENATOR MELVIN: Well, sir, the bottom line is, this is not a discrimination bill, this is a religious freedom bill.

This is when Anderson gave Melvin his “you’re kind of a blithering idiot” look:

Quoting Euphoric:

I'll have to look it up elsewhere, can't see the video.

jcrew6
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Anderson is in desperate need of a huge ratings boost.  Will this escapade help him? lol

I think Brewer will Veto.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured