Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes SB 1062

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM
  • 112 Replies
5 moms liked this

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 7:50 p.m. ET]

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said Wednesday that she has vetoed a bill that would have allowed businesses that asserted their religious beliefs the right to deny service to gay and lesbian customers.

LINK

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RandRMomma
by Maya on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:07 PM
9 moms liked this
Good. While I think she did so more so out of fear of the backlash she'd get, I'm glad she vetoed it.
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Yay, this is fantastic. Of course she should have not let it get this far.

Take that bigots. You can't discriminate because you're a bigot. - this had nothing to do with religion.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Well that's good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by Jules on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.
I think she did it for all the right reasons, and liberals and gay advocates need to give her the credit for vetoing it without the buts.

Quoting RandRMomma: Good. While I think she did so more so out of fear of the backlash she'd get, I'm glad she vetoed it.
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

SO SHOCKING.

Not really. Totally foreseeable result, after the NFL threat to pull the Superbowl and the financial implications of that. 

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:18 PM
She did the right thing.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
The "buts" come in from the way she has acted in the past. Considering her feelings on certain politics, I wouldn't have been surprised if she had signed the bill into law. JMO

Quoting billsfan1104: What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.
I think she did it for all the right reasons, and liberals and gay advocates need to give her the credit for vetoing it without the buts.

Quoting RandRMomma: Good. While I think she did so more so out of fear of the backlash she'd get, I'm glad she vetoed it.
billsfan1104
by Jules on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
She had to let it get this far to veto it. She couldn't do anything until then

Quoting mikiemom:

Take that bigots. You can't discriminate because you're a bigot. - this had nothing to do with religion.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this

You're right, it sucks that it wasn't about just doing the right thing but hey we'll take it. The Gan marriage bans, the discrimination based on sexual orientation are going down like dominos and that is a good thing.

Quoting TranquilMind:

SO SHOCKING.

Not really. Totally foreseeable result, after the NFL threat to pull the Superbowl and the financial implications of that. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:20 PM
4 moms liked this

No, what you should say here is "Take that, Christians.  You are not entitled to any respect of your religious or biblical beliefs as to what constitutes a marriage and whether you want to provide creative services for something that does not.  You need to shut up now.  Tolerance runs only one way and we will target every one of you and force you out of business if we have to, because we are bullies."

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured