Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Vast Majority Of Democrats Want Hillary Clinton To Run In 2016: Poll

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

by  Braden Goyette

An overwhelming majority of Democrats want Hillary Clinton to run in 2016, according to a New York Times/CBS poll released Wednesday.

More than 80 percent of self-described Democrats surveyed were supportive of Clinton running, with a margin of error of plus or minus six percent. 13 percent of Democrats didn't want her to run, and five percent said they didn't know enough to decide. 52 percent of Independents also said they wanted her to run.

Opinions were more divided when it came to Vice President Joe Biden, who has said there is a 50-50 chance he will run in 2016. 42 percent of Democrats wanted him to run, and 39 percent did not.

Respondents were also uncertain about Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), who was singled out by The New Republic in November as Hillary Clinton's biggest potential challenger. Only 22 percent of Democrats said they wanted Warren to run, and 56 percent said they didn't know enough about her to decide.

In contrast to the Democrats' unity, there was no clear favorite candidate among the Republicans surveyed. 41 percent said they'd like Jeb Bush to run, with 27 against a Bush candidacy. 39 percent were for Rand Paul running, and 21 percent were opposed.

One thing was clear: in the wake of the Fort Lee traffic scandal, more Republicans wanted New Jersey Governor Chris Christie not to run (41 percent) than wanted him to run (31 percent).

It's worth noting that the primaries are still two years away, and that polls tend to increase in accuracy as elections draw closer.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus three percent for the entire group surveyed, and a margin of error of plus or minus six percent for figures specifically about Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.

1,644 adults were surveyed by phone between Feb. 19-23. Of those surveyed, 519 described themselves as Republicans, 515 as Democrats, and 610 as independents. The poll included both land lines and cell phones.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Haaha, they didn't poll me.  All I can say is heaven help us!  She is not the candidate I would vote for, her personal lingo leads alot to be desired....very rude to folks around the White House. Plus her MIA status during the attack & sorta going along with not letting the public know what was going on as if nothing happened, like it was nothing??? It took her days to come up with the typical political response, Umm... / A leader for this nation?  I think NOT.  

Now Bill, I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat!! 

(We finally elected a good Pres w/Bill & the term limits get in the way..... whereas the Legislative & Judicial Branches do NOT have term limits.  The Executive Branch is the only one that has term limits.  And, Supreme Court Justices can stay in for life, Congress  & Senators can run again & again to stay in office.)   

"... Hillary Clinton said Monday that the “biggest regret” from her time as the nation’s top diplomat was the 2012 attack on Americans in Benghazi."....

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/27/22468690-hillary-clinton-talks-benghazi-gates-2016?lite

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm having a hard time believing this poll.  No one I know from any party likes Hillary.  She is going to be eviscerated since her life in the public eye has already generated a lot of haters.  Unless the Republican party screws up and puts forth someone right of center she will be the best thing for them.

The problem is that no one knows of any other serious contender.....its only Hillary's name being floated about.  The American people don't choose who they want as their candidates, tbey can only choose from the candidates presented to them and it sucks that she is the one put forth to represent the Democratic party.  Not that the Republicans have anyone better.  Yet.

lga1965
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I'm not sure about Hillary. I say bring back Bill !  :)

Seriously , I would prefer Elizabeth Warren. She is a sane, conscientious, positive person, a good role model who has care and concern for the middle class. And she gets angry with Big Banks and  bankers and tells them why !

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I would prefer Deval Patrick. 

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I like Hilary but honestly the last thing we need right now is another super divisive candidate that won't be able to get anything done because their very presence whips the "other side" into a frenzy of opposition. It's not fair to Hilary, but that's how I see things now. We need a moderate, I truly hope Jon Huntsman runs.
tanyainmizzou
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Well that will certainly turn the WH over to a Republican.

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes. Let's put this nut-job as the leading Dem candidate. Go for it. 2 thumbs up - I'm all about it. 

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL... That is scary.  Considering Hillary is neck deep in the political cronyism and corruption.  I thought democrats were tired of those political games.  

Liars.

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Dems cry foul over corporate cronyism.  Yet, if they followed Clinton's money trail~ they would see she is in the thick of it.  Ohhh right she is a (1) Clinton (2) Democrat.  So, what difference does it make? lol

Quoting VooDooB:

Yes. Let's put this nut-job as the leading Dem candidate. Go for it. 2 thumbs up - I'm all about it. 

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Political games? What in the world are you talking about?!? This is the "most transparent administratoin ever!"

Quoting jcrew6:

LOL... That is scary.  Considering Hillary is neck deep in the political cronyism and corruption.  I thought democrats were tired of those political games.  

Liars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)