Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How many times do we have to say, "We told you so" again and again and again?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 212 Replies

Remember Obama Mocking Romney Over Russia Concerns? ‘The 1980s Are Now Calling to Ask for Their Foreign Policy Back’

First Sarah Palin was proven right about her Russia-invading-Ukraine prediction she made — and got mocked for — in 2008.

Image source: Fox News via MRC-TV

Image source: Fox News via MRC-TV

Now it’s Mitt Romney’s turn to take a bow for having “clear eyes” on Russia’s future threat potential.

Fox News’ Bret Baier opened a segment of his show Friday night by flashing back to an October 2012 presidential debate where President Obama ridiculed Republican presidential nominee Romney about his concern over Russia’s “geo-political” threat.

“You said Russia. Not Al Qaida. You said Russia,” Obama said regarding biggest threats. “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because…the cold war’s been over for 20 years.”

Romney offered a powerful retort: “Russia, I indicated, is a geopolitical foe…and I said in the same paragraph I said and Iran is the greatest national security threat we face. Russia does continue to battle us in the U.N. time and time again. I have clear eyes on this. I’m not going to wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Russia or Mr. Putin…”

(H/T: Newsbusters)

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:41 AM
8 moms liked this
When will we all start being mature adults rather than immature adolescents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM

And this:

Did Sarah Palin Predict Russia Invading Ukraine If Obama Got Elected?

AP Photo/Julio Cortez, File

AP Photo/Julio Cortez, File

Though she was mocked for it, Palin actually speculated in 2008 that Russian President Vladimir Putin would be encouraged to invade Ukraine after President Barack Obama’s weak response to the nation invading Georgia.

“After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next,” Palin told Foreign Policy in 2008, “

As Mediaite’s Andrew Kirell points out, conservative websites and personalities are reminding people of the quote.

Palin herself took to Facebook on Friday to remind supporters of her prediction.

“Yes, I could see this one from Alaska. I’m usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as ‘an extremely far-fetched scenario’ by the ‘high-brow’ Foreign Policy magazine,” she wrote. “Here’s what this ‘stupid’ ‘insipid woman’ predicted back in 2008.”

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM

And now this:

AP

Gunmen surround Ukraine military base

HUNDREDS OF UNIDENTIFIED GUNMEN arrive outside a Ukraine infantry base in its Crimea region, with a convoy including 13 troop vehicles and four armored vehicles with Russian license plates, and are blocking Ukrainian soldiers from entering or leaving the base.

• Putin defiant after Obama tells Russia to withdraw from Ukraine
    mikiemom
    by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    13 moms liked this

Romney lost the election - get the fuck over it. The GOP will continue to lose elections as long as they are embracing the radical, violent, rape cheering, women hating, Bigoted riight wing.

jaxTheMomm
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    3 moms liked this

The right needs to stop trying to recycle old stories as something they are not.

Palin didn't predict this, and we aren't in the cold war anymore.  Putin's not interested in us.

pvtjokerus
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    6 moms liked this

ah....the language that you use and write makes you lose your reader quickly.....

Quoting mikiemom:

Romney lost the election - get the fuck over it. The GOP will continue to lose elections as long as they are embracing the radical, violent, rape cheering, women hating, Bigoted riight wing.

pvtjokerus
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    2 moms liked this

lololol.....Let me see if I can spell this out for you:

“After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next,” Palin told Foreign Policy in 2008, “

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The right needs to stop trying to recycle old stories as something they are not.

Palin didn't predict this, and we aren't in the cold war anymore.  Putin's not interested in us.

mikiemom
    by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    4 moms liked this

that is the only suitable language for the bullshit that you spew about the President.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

ah....the language that you use and write makes you lose your reader quickly.....

Quoting mikiemom:

coolmommy2x
    by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    1 mom liked this
    My thoughts exactly!

Quoting canadianmom1974: When will we all start being mature adults rather than immature adolescents?
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    billsfan1104
    by Jules on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    6 moms liked this
    Right into the gas chamber, right into the gas chambers you will follow this president.
    Or you will be one the ones that ignore what is going on, because it doesn't affect you

Quoting mikiemom:

that is the only suitable language for the bullshit that you spew about the President.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)