Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does another woman's pubic hair concern you?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:31 AM
  • 99 Replies
1 mom liked this

Quoted from a blog discussing waxing and leading ladies in books:

Something as personal as pubic hair gets heavily politicized,” Reisz notes. “Women who wax are anti-feminist. Women who don't wax are radical man-hating feminists. Men who like women without pubic hair are perverts who have latent pedophilic tendencies. Men who love pubic hair are fetishists. 

Another author points to her own viewpoint:  “I find it interesting that this is such a hot button topic. I believe pretty strongly that what a woman does with the hair on her body is certainly her own decision. Much like the decision to tattoo, pierce, shave legs or not, dye hair pink… My mentality is: it's your body, do what you want with the hair on it. So I'm open to anything in regards to heroines.”

Why do you think it matters what another person does with their pubic hair to the point it can spark a hot topic?

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfree
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Pfft!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:05 AM
12 moms liked this

It doesnt.

What annoys me about this discussion are those women who ewwww at other women saying what they prefer.  example:  Topic Do you wax?  Reply  No I prefer au natural  ....another poster quotes I could never not wax....I think its gross having a bush.  As if it is disgusting...and they are wonderful because they do.

Judgement is what makes something popular with other women.  Men cause the fashion because women inherently want to make their men happy....so they do what their men want, and then pass it on to other women.

I would like to see people answer topics like this ...with yes and no, maybe even their reasoning behind it....but the add ons about other womens beauty treatments or lack of doesnt need to enter into the discussion.

That wont happen though LMAO

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:36 AM
7 moms liked this

So I was eating breakfast when I read this.....LOL

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
6 moms liked this
I could not care less what any woman does with her body hair. I've never understood the male attraction to a completely hairless, pubescent looking vag though. From the female side, whatever feels good for you (general), but from the male side, the attraction to hairless creeps me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM
6 moms liked this

It has to do with being able to see everything going on down there and not getting hair in the mouth for a lot of them as I am told. That makes sense to me.

Quoting canadianmom1974: I could not care less what any woman does with her body hair. I've never understood the male attraction to a completely hairless, pubescent looking vag though. From the female side, whatever feels good for you (general), but from the male side, the attraction to hairless creeps me out.

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM
11 moms liked this

Nah, I only concern myself with my own vaginal region, pubes and all.  In my experience though, most men I know and have been with don't really give a damn about a woman's pubic hair, they just care she has a vagina and it doesn't smell (and even that might not matter).  I didn't really know that this was a hot topic, this is news to me.  I think a woman should do whatever the hell she wants to her body...if she wants to rock a bald fade or showcase an Angela Davis on her lady bits, this should be of no concern to no one else but her.  I think that every woman has a preference in how they shape their tender locs and so do our men, but at the end of the day, it's our choice...no one way is right or wrong.  We tend to worry about the wrong things.  This shouldn't matter and I don't know why it does to so many people. 

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't get it. They must not have anything else going on in their very small little worlds. Kinda sad really.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea. It is pretty damn disturbing

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM
5 moms liked this

Each person needs to make their own decision on their pubic region. 

I do, however, think that men who express a strong preference for shaved/bare pubic areas are kind of creepy in a pedophile kind of way.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Eh....you do what your comfy with. If doing what your man likes makes you comfy, then do it. If not, dont. Not sure why its anyones concern.
Seems all the younger ladies in my little circle shave. I do not...I'm the Grammy. Their tots have been used to seeing Mom bald. They've seen me and just stare "whats that? You have a furry!" Pretty funny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)