Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are you worried about going to war with Russia?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM
  • 106 Replies

ATM it is between Russia and Ukraine. Russian military is basically invading Ukraine Primea (sp?). The rest of the world is against Russia doing this. Do you think we will step in and then get into a big war again?

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:51 AM

No, I think a World War is inevitable.

sweetmomma326
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:51 AM
2 moms liked this

im in the military and watching this on cnn does worry me...Putin is stubborn and cocky so I dont think he is going to give in without consequences.

Grlondaothrside
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, but with Russia? It is hard to say. It is kind of between Russia, North Korea, or Middle East again.

Quoting stormcris:

Grlondaothrside
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

He is a communist, dictatorship, like N. Korea. 

Quoting sweetmomma326:

im in the military and watching this on cnn does worry me...Putin is stubborn and cocky so I dont think he is going to give in without consequences.

sweetmomma326
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

exactly.....it worries me but im on the fence with my opinion right now.....but i have a gut feeling it will end up bad.

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Grlondaothrside
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM

My husband is out now but he was in during the previous wars. Hopefully it blows over like the Korea stuff basically has. Threats will little action. Pushing buttons.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

exactly.....it worries me but im on the fence with my opinion right now.....but i have a gut feeling it will end up bad.

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

Quoting sweetmomma326:

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I would say out of everywhere the only way we would be in a World War would be against the entirety of BRIC. They will fight together. As it is the state of economy and as we have so many uprisings, there is little to prevent the warmongers from trying to make their profits off a global war. If we look at it technically we are currently already in a state of global war cyberly. The cyber side will most likely escalate. The main question is will we really realize when it gets physical or will it be played off until they cannot maintain the illusion we are not in such a war.

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

I agree, but with Russia? It is hard to say. It is kind of between Russia, North Korea, or Middle East again.

Quoting stormcris:

sweetmomma326
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM

I do get aggravated with the petty threats and fake fear they put on the news for people who don't understand what the hell they are talking about...but I am a little more worried about Putin than I was North Korea simply because we have cut off stuff to them and it seems to be a bigger issue with trade than North Korea...plus the amount of nukes that Russia & the US have are ridiculous when North Korea is said to not have many at all and are working on the usage of them.

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

My husband is out now but he was in during the previous wars. Hopefully it blows over like the Korea stuff basically has. Threats will little action. Pushing buttons.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

Quoting sweetmomma326:

sweetmomma326
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't agree with you more!!

Quoting stormcris:

I would say out of everywhere the only way we would be in a World War would be against the entirety of BRIC. They will fight together. As it is the state of economy and as we have so many uprisings, there is little to prevent the warmongers from trying to make their profits off a global war. If we look at it technically we are currently already in a state of global war cyberly. The cyber side will most likely escalate. The main question is will we really realize when it gets physical or will it be played off until they cannot maintain the illusion we are not in such a war.

Quoting Grlondaothrside:

Quoting stormcris:

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:54 AM

I think  Putin  is   probably  pissed  about   them  not  doing  so well  in the Olympics    and the fact  that  it was exposed that  they offered  shoddy  arrangements to the Olympians.    So  yeah  I could see him  itching  for a fight.    Am I worried about it?  No.  I  can  easily  see Russia  attacking  us  and China  jumping  on the bandwagon  along  with the Middle East  ...  just because. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN