Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Duggar Family Daughters Say They Avoid Men So They Don't Sin

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM
  • 314 Replies

Duggar Family Daughters Say They Avoid Men So They Don't Sin

article image

Four daughters of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have written a new book to inspire young people across America.

Growing Up Duggar was written by Jana, 24, Jill, 22, Jessa, 21, and Jinger, 20, notes EOnline.com.

The young Christian women have starred with their 15 siblings and parents on the TLC reality TV series "19 Kids and Counting."

Part of their new book includes their rules on dating.

According to the Daily Mail, the girls advise, "It's easy to put yourself into physical and moral danger and give into those emotions or sensual thoughts that promise pleasant, but only temporary, fulfillment."

"By censoring our thoughts through the filter of God's word, we will be able to recant any wrong thoughts or temptations that try to sneak in," add the Duggar daughters.

The young women also say they avoid men to ensure they don't sin, but "have a natural physical desire toward men" and "thank God for making us ‘normal.'"

The daughters also mention their struggles with weight as teens, their mother's battle with the eating disorder bulimia and their father's temper, reports Radar Online.

Sources: Radar Online, Daily Mail, EOnline.com

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missmars786
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Soooo.....?
lga1965
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
4 moms liked this

So it isn't such a perfect family after all.

The poor kids.

Patti-Gee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Their lives, their choices. 

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Do the male children adhere to the same standards as well?
IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM
22 moms liked this

The young women also say they avoid men to ensure they don't sin, but "have a natural physical desire toward men" and "thank God for making us ‘normal.'"

ie: we thank god we're not lesbians.

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM
14 moms liked this
They are smart.

Regardless of what people think of their beliefs and their family they continue to live how they want. I can't fault them for that.
IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting lovemymini: They are smart. Regardless of what people think of their beliefs and their family they continue to live how they want. I can't fault them for that.

How they want to be or how they've been brainwashed to think they want to be?

JRSMOMMM
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Their life their beliefs... I am glad they are standing for there beliefs, but it doesn't affect our family.

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM
7 moms liked this
They know nothing else.

Quoting lovemymini: They are smart.

Regardless of what people think of their beliefs and their family they continue to live how they want. I can't fault them for that.
lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:26 PM
12 moms liked this
If they didn't want to behave like this they could leave. They aren't held prisoner.

I was raised in a similar setting and loved it.

It's not brainwashing. The parents have instilled values for their family and just because they are different from yours doesn't mean they are bad.

Quoting IhartU: Quoting lovemymini: They are smart.

Regardless of what people think of their beliefs and their family they continue to live how they want. I can't fault them for that. How they want to be or how they've been brainwashed to think they want to be?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)