Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Propaganda behind support for 'sodomy-based' marriage, says pro-family advocate

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:24 AM
  • 224 Replies

A recent poll suggests half of Americans believe homosexuals have a constitutional right to marry each other, an opinion that one pro-family advocate blames on effective propaganda.  

"The leftists' propaganda is working," Matt Barber, vice president of Liberty Counsel Action, says of the Washington Post-ABC News poll published this week.

In the poll, 50 percent said the U.S. Constitution gives homosexuals the right to marry under its guarantee of equal protection. Forty-one percent said it did not.

The poll also found a supposed record high of respondents, 59 percent, said they support same-sex marriage.

Barber, Matt (Liberty Counsel)"The media and the entertainment industries are changing public opinion rather than reflecting public opinion, as you would expect and hope that they would," Barber suggests.

Because of the propaganda, he adds, "people don't scratch beneath the surface, don't understand the facts and are easily swayed," when the propaganda is overwhelmingly on one side of an issue.

Barber calls it remarkable that half of those surveyed believe there is a constitutional right to same-gender marriage. America's founders would be shocked at that attitude, he says.

Barber tells OneNewsNow: "To say that they could have even conceptualized same-sex marriage, much less imagine that there was some kind of constitutional right for sodomy-based marriage, is the ridiculous assertion to radically deconstruct and redefine the institution of marriage."

Barber points out if there is such a right, then there is also a right to incestuous marriage, polygamy, and marriage between an adult and a child . 

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2014/03/06/propaganda-behind-support-for-sodomy-based-marriage-says-pro-family-advocate#.Ux2gR4V_iM9
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:29 AM
27 moms liked this

LOL. " sodomy based" marriage. Is SEX all these right wing Christians can think about>?

It is "love based". That is too much for them to understand.

DO they not know that many hetero couples practice sodomy too? ( I wouuldn't do it .Ick . It is a health hazard and results in unspeakable complications. But they do it.  )

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, look what the cat dragged in.

Quoting lga1965:

LOL. " sodomy based" marriage. Is SEX all these right wing Christians can think about>?

DO they not know that many hetero couples practice sodomy too? ( I wouuldn't do it .Ick . It is a health hazard and results in unspeakable complications. But they do it.  )

lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:35 AM
6 moms liked this

Is that all you got?

Brilliant !

Quoting candlegal:

Oh my, look what the cat dragged in.

Quoting lga1965:

nixore
by Myk Elskling on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM
30 moms liked this

Calling it "sodomy-based marriage" makes it sound like that's what the entire marriage revolves around.  That's ridiculous.  Would we refer to heterosexual marriage as "vaginal intercourse based marriage"?  Is that the foundation of your union?  It may be true that that's what you and your husband engage in, but it's silly and irrelevant to call it that.  

I also like how they say people don't understand the "facts" of this issue, but none are presented in the article.  The thing I still don't understand is why some of you people care so much about who other people marry and what they do in their bed.

goldpandora
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:43 AM
5 moms liked this

This man seriously underestimates the average American's ability to think for themselves...

A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:47 AM
5 moms liked this

I believe this is what we call the slippery-slope fallacy. That if you legalize marriage for people, suddenly dogs will get married, hamsters will marry giraffes and infants will start walking themselves down the aisle.

randi1978
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM
13 moms liked this

Propaganda is working?  Are they really claiming that?

Seems more simple that my generation is raising the next generation to be more open minded and accepting of everyone and not to allow narrow minded thinking or beliefs to cloud our judgment.  In other words: every consenting adult has the right to marry another consenting adult and there is no legal reason whatsoever to restrict it to specific gender pairings.

I was raised in a generation that still mocked homosexuality, both in the media, in public and within my own family.  I still felt that everyone should have the same damned rights across the board.

What they do in the bedroom was never a concern, but it seems that your type loves focusing on that aspect alone.  Such hang ups about sex.  I don't care what John and Dave do in the bedroom anymore than Dick and Jane.  Marriage is about love, wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone and wanting to make sure partners are legally protected from possible family members who still carry the neanderthalish mindset like the idiots in this article.

Allowing two consenting adults to marry, regardless of gender, does NOT the door for incestuous marriage or marriage between an adult and child.  Those arguments have been squashed for years and yet your kind still love to bring them up.  Just proves your lot is nothing but a bunch of sex obsessed perverts.

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

You are kidding, right? Our government run indoctrination camps have been doing their job well.

Quoting goldpandora:

This man seriously underestimates the average American's ability to think for themselves...

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this
sod·om·y
ˈsädəmē/
noun
sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation.

YES!!!
nixore
by Myk Elskling on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:59 AM
5 moms liked this

And we all know that kind of intercourse is wrong and unnatural.  That's why only teh gays do it!  

Quoting lizmarie1975: sod·om·y ˈsädəmē/ noun 1. sexual intercourse involving anal or oral copulation. YES!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN