Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Surprising response to BSA alternative

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

The new Christian-based alternative to the Boy Scouts is even attracting families who have never associated with the Scout program.

After the Boy Scouts of America voted to permit active homosexuals as members and the focus went to allowing homosexuals to be Scout leaders, Trail Life USA was officially launched January 1st by public demand.

Hancock

"We launched with 500 troops in line to be chartered," spokesman Mark Hancock tells OneNewsNow. "At this point, a little over 250 have completed the process, and we have added another almost 400 troops to that line that we anticipate chartering by the end of this year."

Hancock says the response has been pleasant and unexpected, and he attributes that to all of the publicity about the Boy Scouts' problems.

"It kind of took us by surprise, since a lot of our program materials anticipated that the groups would have had some experience running an outdoor program for boys before," he shares. "But we're thrilled that 40 percent of our troops have never had an outdoor program for boys, which means that we're introducing new families to adventure and leadership and character-building things with a Christ-centered focus."

Trail Life USA already has some exciting summer ventures in the works, so the spokesman concludes that it is important for churches that have decided against the Boy Scouts to understand how they can integrate Trail Life USA into their programs.

- See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2014/03/10/surprising-response-to-bsa-alternative#.Ux2hU4V_iM8
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:34 AM

After they make sure there are no gays in their new organization, will they also screen for pedophiles? you know, the men who have families and careers and go to church but also like to have sex with little boys....those guys.

nixore
by Myk Elskling on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I thought BSA was already Christian based?  So is this just the same thing, but no gays allowed?  Whatever floats their boat, I guess.  Not the kind of exclusive, judgemental group I'd want my kids involved in.

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM

They do that screening at the same time they are screening for the homosexuals.

Quoting lga1965:

After they make sure there are no gays in their new organization, will they also screen for pedophiles? you know, the men who have families and careers and go to church but also like to have sex with little boys....those guys.

lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM
RME.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

How does one screen little boys for homosexuality?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Exactly how do they screen for homosexuals?

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I don't know, why don't you ask Iggy.   I was responding to her statement with sarcasm.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quoting candlegal:

I don't know, why don't you ask Iggy.   I was responding to her statement with sarcasm.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting lga1965:

Seeing how there is no tone button, the sarcasm wasn't evident.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

That's great! What is the name again? The Homophobic Scouting Troop? Wherever they go, they will be known as the Homophobes!

I can imagine most of the kids will end up pretty embarrassed later in life.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Quoting lga1965:

No. Those guys are a-o.k. because they aren't "real" "homos." Just criminals. Christian ones, at that.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)