Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Prices at McDonald's are ridiculous

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 128 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went to McDonald's after Mardi Gras before I went to work and almost had a fit when I discovered that the sausage mcmuffin went from $1 to $1.19 and the cashier told me that it went up after we had Mardi Gras and it's no longer on the dollar menu.  Then today, I went to get something for lunch, and looking at the menu, I've discovered that the big kids meal is now $5.00.  Uh, I guess I won't be taking the kids to McDonald's at those prices, hell I can go to a real restaurant for that price and get good food or just cook at home.  I've watched how fast food restaurants have priced themselves out.   Please note that I am not picking on McDonald's, I just haven't been to the others because they are not near me.  But I can tell you that fast foods are going to lose.   

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Is this real life?
WhisperingGypsy
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

McDonalds?

bad

tanyainmizzou
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:57 PM
5 moms liked this
You are complaining about 19 cents for breakfast?

Make one at home then.
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Quoting tanyainmizzou: You are complaining about 19 cents for breakfast? Make one at home then.

this

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I am.  Yes I can make it at home and I don't do this every morning, it had been a while like a month since I'd been there, and when I went after Mardi Gras I couldn't believe it was up by nineteen cents.  I won't be going back.  It's just kind of a joke to advertise a dollar menu and then change it.  And yes, I was surprised by how much I had gotten back when I knew I should have gotten more and that is when the cashier told me how much it had gone to. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou: You are complaining about 19 cents for breakfast? Make one at home then.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Yep, in New Orleans the big kids meal is now $5 bucks. 

Quoting VooDooB: Is this real life?

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
They still seem like reasonable prices. A lot of things are more expensive now. Gas has gone up 22 cents over the past month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanyainmizzou
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Do they have other items that are a dollar? Then the dollar menu isn't wrong.

You are bitching about the cost of a fast food breakfast sandwich. Have you seen how much meat and dairy prices are rising?

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Yes I am.  Yes I can make it at home and I don't do this every morning, it had been a while like a month since I'd been there, and when I went after Mardi Gras I couldn't believe it was up by nineteen cents.  I won't be going back.  It's just kind of a joke to advertise a dollar menu and then change it.  And yes, I was surprised by how much I had gotten back when I knew I should have gotten more and that is when the cashier told me how much it had gone to. 

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this

The thing is, I can go to a restaurant called Charcoals and get a fresh made hamburger with fresh made chips for $5 bucks.  I can go to the D-Day Museum restaurant and get bbq sliders for seventy five cents or a meat pie or duck wings, and there are drink specials, and there are other places.  My point is, the way the fast food restaurants are going, you can go to a real restaurant and be served better and hot food as opposed to fast food restaurants.  are other noticing this in their area?

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Wow take a pill. Yes I am bitching about the price because it wasn't advertised as changed, I only noticed once I didn't get the right change back and I was told that.  Yes, I am quite aware of the price of meat and dairy, as well as coffee always goes up and down. That is why I buy my butter in bulk.  But it would have been nice to know that before I purchased it.  Yes there are other things on the dollar menu, which I believe the only other two things are grits, the hash brown and maybe the breakfast burrito, and I think the coffee. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Do they have other items that are a dollar? Then the dollar menu isn't wrong. You are bitching about the cost of a fast food breakfast sandwich. Have you seen how much meat and dairy prices are rising?
Quoting valhallaarwen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN