Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do you think of Bill Maher?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 102 Replies
4 moms liked this

I find him to be an arrogant little prick who probably has issues with women, but he says the funniest damn things at times. You have to admit the little weasel is smart. I loved "Religulous."

Here's a recent one from him:

Palin needs to shut the f**** up about Russia and Obama's mom jeans. A week ago she thought Crimea was one of the real housewives of Atlanta.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timeforprogress
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM
5 moms liked this

I have a love hate relationship with Bill Maher.  I love the format of his show, but I really think he is a terrible moderator.  He gets in the way of the conversation too often. What I would love to see is an hour long commercial free panel that is hosted by John Stewart.  

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
4 moms liked this

Religulous is a great movie! I like Maher but I don't always agree with him. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this

He is an extremely bitter and hostile person.  Of course I don't know his background, so I don't know why, but there is no question that he is a troubled individual from what he says. 

Queenme101
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
6 moms liked this
He cracks me up and is spot on when talking about that moron Palin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermonstermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

She has a point about Obama and the mom jeans.. Looks like his stylist would dress him better.

She did tell them so about the warning from the other side.

I like Jon Stewart but I find Bill Maher annoyong.  I have watched him once or twice, and if given the choice I would rather watch static to the tv guide scrolling.

mjmorrison
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM

William "Bill" Maher, Jr. (/ˈmɑːr/; born January 20, 1956) is an American stand-up comedian, television host, political commentator, satirist, author, and actor. Before his current role as the host of HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, Maher hosted a similar late-night talk show called Politically Incorrect, originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC

Jon Stewart (born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz; November 28, 1962)[6] is an American political satirist, writer, director, television host, actor, media critic, and stand-up comedian. He is the host of The Daily Show, a satirical news program that airs on Comedy Central.

Stewart started as a stand-up comedian, but branched into television as host of Short Attention Span Theater for Comedy Central. He went on to host his own show on MTV, called The Jon Stewart Show, and then hosted another show on MTV called You Wrote It, You Watch It. He has also had several film roles as an actor. Stewart became the host of The Daily Show on Comedy Central in early 1999. He is also a writer and co-executive-producer of the show. After Stewart joined, The Daily Show steadily gained popularity and critical acclaim, resulting in his sixteen Emmy Awards.

Stewart has gained acclaim as an acerbic, satirical critic of personality-driven media shows, in particular those of the U.S. media networks such as CNN, Fox News Channel, and MSNBC.[8] Critics say Stewart benefits from a double standard: he critiques other news shows from the safe, removed position of his "fake news" desk.[9][10] Stewart agrees, saying that neither his show nor his channel purports to be anything other than satire and comedy. In spite of its self-professed entertainment mandate, The Daily Show has been nominated for news and journalism awards. Stewart hosted the 78th and 80th Academy Awards. He is the co-author of America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction, which was one of the best-selling books in the U.S. in 2004,[11] and Earth (The Book): A Visitor's Guide to the Human Race, released in 2010.

comedians people think are real journalists.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Same thing I think of Rush Limbaugh.    He makes money capitalizing on and cultvating polarization.     People who say they recognize that but listen to him because he's funny are no better than he is.     

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM

We watch his show but we dont always agree with him. My husband and I just like getting views and ideas all across the board. 

PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Bill Maher is already impressed with himself so I feel he's covered THOSE bases and I don't have to be equally as impressed.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
8 moms liked this

I love him.  He has great insight and the ability to get those insights out in a funny way is fabulous.  I think Bill Maher and Jon Stewart have many times reported on angles that out mainstream outlets have overlooked.  They are both brilliant men who just happen to be funny too.  Pointing out the obvious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN