Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

George H.W. Bush amazed by Gap credit card machine

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

Whoops.  It is President Obama.

Yeah, he is man so in touch with the average American.   His handlers need to teach him this stuff.  Or teach him when a joke isn't funny.

Obama's Gap Shopping Trip Is As Endearingly Awkward As You'd Imagine

Posted: Updated:
Print Article

President Obama has been looking a little more stylish lately (hello, Canadian tuxedo!), and now we know why: He's taken an interest in shopping.

On Tuesday, POTUS made a stop at the Gap on East 42nd Street and Third Avenue in New York City, telling a sales associate he was on a mission for Michelle, Sasha and Malia. According to the pool report, Obama remarked, "I think the ladies will be impressed by my style sense," (not realizing that Gap isn't, y'know, Zara).

He also nixed a V-neck for one of his daughters, saying, "I'm worried the V-neck is going to slip." (Nope, it won't, POTUS.)

The excursion wasn't just for kicks; according pool reports, a White House official stated: "In his State of the Union address, the President called for businesses to raise workers' wages, and today the President will visit a Gap store to show his support for Gap Inc.'s decision to increase wages for their US based employees."

He's also showing support, apparently, for late-season knits, picking out a gray and white striped sweater and a bright coral one for his girls with the help of a saleswoman. He needed some assistance checking out, too. When he was told he could swipe his credit card himself directly in the card reader, he joked, "Oh, wow. So, you can sign the machine?" According to pool reports, he was just kidding: "They had these around the last time I shopped."

Sureeeee.

bouncing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/11/obama-gap-shopping-trip-photos_n_4944062.html

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
This is news. For real? Hmmm if I got a lot of money I am shopping online. Seriously wtf is this. The same would have been said of this were bush. Btw his daughters have boobs now and he doesn't want it to slip so people see cleavage.omg its a dad who doesn't want people checking out his daughters tits * clutch the fucking pearls* Like wtf I get it you don't like Obama. It's noted now can we get some real goddamn news. Real issues . Real things to discuss not a dang shopping trip. Omg someone please put a libertarian on the next pres ticket so people can stop not picking. You are not your party
IandLoveandYou
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

tanyainmizzou
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Why shouldn't it be news? We make fun of other politicians for their silly mistakes.

You need some tea and you need to relax. Maybe when you respond as vulgar to others as you did to me when they post something to laugh at a Republican, I might believe you.

But right now, this is just no longer worth my time.

Have a good afternoon.

Quoting Mommabearbergh: This is news. For real? Hmmm if I got a lot of money I am shopping online. Seriously wtf is this. The same would have been said of this were bush. Btw his daughters have boobs now and he doesn't want it to slip so people see cleavage.omg its a dad who doesn't want people checking out his daughters tits * clutch the fucking pearls* Like wtf I get it you don't like Obama. It's noted now can we get some real goddamn news. Real issues . Real things to discuss not a dang shopping trip. Omg someone please put a libertarian on the next pres ticket so people can stop not picking. You are not your party
tanyainmizzou
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Cool.

Make sure you post that on other pointless stories.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

IandLoveandYou
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Oh fret not.

I shamelessly overuse Sherlock gifs.

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Cool. Make sure you post that on other pointless stories.
Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Mommabearbergh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I respond the same way when it's done to others. I am a libertarian and honestly the lil nit picking is ridiculous and I have seen smart ass replies on plenty of threads and you say nothing when it's done to dems or any other party that is not the one you affiliate yourself with so hop off it lady. Well if its not worth you time why even respond. I can respond the way I like if you don't like it skip over it. You have a wonderful day yourself. :)

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Why shouldn't it be news? We make fun of other politicians for their silly mistakes.

You need some tea and you need to relax. Maybe when you respond as vulgar to others as you did to me when they post something to laugh at a Republican, I might believe you.

Have a good afternoon.

Quoting Mommabearbergh: This is news. For real? Hmmm if I got a lot of money I am shopping online. Seriously wtf is this. The same would have been said of this were bush. Btw his daughters have boobs now and he doesn't want it to slip so people see cleavage.omg its a dad who doesn't want people checking out his daughters tits * clutch the fucking pearls* Like wtf I get it you don't like Obama. It's noted now can we get some real goddamn news. Real issues . Real things to discuss not a dang shopping trip. Omg someone please put a libertarian on the next pres ticket so people can stop not picking. You are not your party
tanyainmizzou
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Well maybe you should do it so people believe you do it.

Quoting Mommabearbergh: I respond the same way when it's done to others. I am a libertarian and honestly the lil nit picking is ridiculous and I have seen smart ass replies on plenty of threads and you say nothing when it's done to dems or any other party that is not the one you affiliate yourself with so hop off it lady. Well if its not worth you time why even respond. I can respond the way I like if you don't like it skip over it. You have a wonderful day yourself. :)

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Why shouldn't it be news? We make fun of other politicians for their silly mistakes.

Have a good afternoon.

Mommabearbergh
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I do but what happen to me not being worth your time?

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Well maybe you should do it so people believe you do it.

Quoting Mommabearbergh: I respond the same way when it's done to others. I am a libertarian and honestly the lil nit picking is ridiculous and I have seen smart ass replies on plenty of threads and you say nothing when it's done to dems or any other party that is not the one you affiliate yourself with so hop off it lady. Well if its not worth you time why even respond. I can respond the way I like if you don't like it skip over it. You have a wonderful day yourself. :)

Have a good afternoon.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM
4 moms liked this

At least you recognize that your post is pointless.  

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Cool. Make sure you post that on other pointless stories.
Quoting IandLoveandYou:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What this former POTUS does

Here's a picture of 89-year-old former President Jimmy Carter rebuilding a house in Haiti

and what THIS former POTUS does paints naked pics of self

You lied in your title ...so I am guessing all POTUS' are fair game

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)