Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Did you vaccinate?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 64 Replies

Hi everyone,

I have been reading several articles about how the measles virus has come back in the United States and spreading around NYC. The articles associate the rise on the previously epidemic disease as a result of parents who are not vaccinating their children against it. 

Just wondering, does this make you angry if you have vaccinated your children and now your younger children are at risk? If you haven't vaccinated, will you now?

though the cases have not reached epidemic rates, the disease now how potential to spread and become very dangerous. 

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM

We did vaccinate.  Our son has severe autism but we do not think it was vaccine related.

supermonstermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I vaccinated.  I didn't see a reason not to.

Its not my business if someone vaccinated their children or not.  Its their children.

I don't know about the effects for babies without vaccines and unvaccinated children.  I am not sure I have enough information to have an opinion.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Yes, one on schedule, and one on a prolonged schedule due to illnesses and surgeries.

nelopyma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I don't have a problem with those who don't vaccinate, and I'm not worried about my kids since they are mostly vaccinated.  I do have an appreciation for herd immunity, since I have a compromised immune system.  I'm aware that vaccines aren't completely effective, but it's not something I spend time worrying about.

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I vaccinated. My son has ADHD, dyspraxia and has been diagnosed (though conflicting) with ASD. I do not believe there is a connection between vaccines and what he has.

Do I worry about the outbreak? Not for us personally, but I do think there is cause for concern.

pixie92
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't vaccinate my children and they are all grown now. The one I am expecting I will not vaccinate either and my grandson is not vaccinated. The fear of outbreaks has been there since I chose not to vaccinate my children and it will always be there. I don't see why I should pump chemicals into my child if they don't prevent them from getting the disease which these outbreaks prove they do not prevent it.

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM
5 moms liked this
Quoting pixie92:

I didn't vaccinate my children and they are all grown now. The one I am expecting I will not vaccinate either and my grandson is not vaccinated. The fear of outbreaks has been there since I chose not to vaccinate my children and it will always be there. I don't see why I should pump chemicals into my child if they don't prevent them from getting the disease which these outbreaks prove they do not prevent it.

Weird. I'm from Iceland with 95% vaccine rate for the routine vaccines and there are never any outbreaks of these diseases. One and one case once in a while. There is however reoccurring outbreaks of chicken pox every single year, which is not routinely vaccinated for. Also humanitarian workers, anthropologists and other people that work with poor populations have reported that vaccines have decreased the numbers of outbreaks and people affected after vaccines are implemented. What are they gaining for lying about that?
Why would governments in countries with universal healthcare pay for vaccines for every citizen if they didn't work? Why does the majority of drs and scientists in the world say that vaccines work if they don't? Not every single one of them is getting paid from the pharmaceutical companies, that's for sure.
The argument against all vaccines is very, very weak.
4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:00 PM

It was not until i started using CM just over 7 years ago that I realized people can even opt out of being vaxed. When we immigrated here in the 70's we forced to be vaxed, when me and my husband went to Home land Security to apply for his Green card in 08 he was forced to be vaxed, when my daughter started school she had to show verification that she had been vaxed. We didn't have a choice. I never would consider not having myself vaxed or my child anyways but we still had no choice. I was even vaxed before I came to USA as we all were but we were told by then immigration now Home land Security that those vaxes from back home were for different diseases so we has to get vaxed again in USA.

That must be true about the different diseases because shortly after we got here I got the measles when I was 3 and damn near died from it.

Queenme101
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM
I fully vaccinated both of my boys on time, including my medically complex child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM

I have.

At this point, I am on the fence.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)