Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Malaysia Airlines Disappearance Was 'Deliberate' & Suspicion Falls on Pilots - What do you think happened?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

Malaysia Airlines Disappearance Was 'Deliberate' & Suspicion Falls on Pilots

by Kiri Blakeley

The Malaysian government has reportedly concluded that the Malaysia Airlines plane that disappeared on March 8 with 239 people onboard didn't crash, nor explode from a terrorist bomb -- but that it was deliberately flown off course by an experienced pilot. In other words, there is a good chance that the plane was hijacked.

Officials says that the plane's communication systems were likely deliberately turned off, because the plane then reversed course and it flew for at least four to seven hours after it lost contact with the ground. Officials say that Flight 370 likely flew towards Turkmenistan and the southern Indian Ocean.

Most shockingly, officials have raided the home of the plane's pilot, Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, looking for any clues. They say only a skilled pilot could have veered the plane off course and made it disappear from tracking so successfully. Shah is married with three children. Police also searched the co-pilot's house

Allegations that the pilots had previously let women into the cockpit, where they smoked cigarettes, also shocked Malaysia Airlines.

Officials will not comment on what they have found inside the pilots' homes, but authorities have said that while they are being investigated, they do not have any evidence linking them to the plane's disappearance.

That is definitely the kind of thing that no one should speculate on until all the facts are in. It's only natural that if the plane was flown off course, then the pilots would be looked into. But that doesn't mean they weren't victims too.

While authorities still believe that the plane could have eventually crashed in the water -- stunningly, they also believe the plane could have landed somewhere. Which means all of those people might still be alive!

This is, of course, is the outcome every wants extremely badly. But we shouldn't get our hopes up. How would a Boeing 777 land without anyone noticing? Why hasn't anyone taken credit for the hijacking, if that is what it is?

Another working theory, however, is pilot suicide. An absolutely horrific possibility. And in that case, why fly the plane for so long after turning off the communicators?

The families of those on the plane must be suffering incredibly. Let's hope the mystery is solved soon.

What do you think happened?

Update: CNN reports that U.S. intelligence officials now believe that "those in the cockpit" are responsible for what happened to the plane.

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

The fact that so many nations are working together, no one is finger pointing and no one is taking responsibility is what scares me...

Chris030406
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
DH thinks the plane was stolen to be turned into a missile and that everyone on board was shot.

I think it crashed in the ocean and won't be seen again until James Cameron decides to make a movie about it.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Quoting Chris030406: DH thinks the plane was stolen to be turned into a missile and that everyone on board was shot. I think it crashed in the ocean and won't be seen again until James Cameron decides to make a movie about it.

Why would they fly for another 4-7 hours only to crash it into the ocean?

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it was a test run of some new software or technique to steal planes. Those parts go for a lot on the black market I am told. Almost anyone can be bought for the right price, especially if the other option is death. You can land a Boeing 777 on a small airfield. I had discussed this idea with a friend previously to the announcement being made. She wanted to know why no one would notice. I pointed out that if a 777 flew low over my house it might make me look up but I wouldn't necessarily find it odd. Military helicopters and planes fly pretty low over my house all the time. If your goal was to steal it and sell parts on the black market or modify it for your own use, why would you announce that you had it? Not to mention if they flew into a island that only held their group of people who would be around to report such.

supermonstermom
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I think the passengers are dead, and the plane is sitting in a -stan country.  Maybe WMD's were on the plane or something like it.  I do not think the plane crashed, and I think more than the pilot was in on it.

alc4evermom
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:22 AM

The pilot supposedly wore anti government t shirts in the past and moved his family out of the house the day before the disappearance.  I'm not a huge fan of alex jones but I just watched a clip of him talking about it lol

i do believe that it was hijacked

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I do think the plane was hijacked and the reason could be one of many.  The black market, to use the plane, the list goes on.

I also think, sadly, those passengers are all dead.  They were on the wrong plane at the wrong time.

PaganKitty67
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Link?

I fear that it was safely landed somewhere to be used later like 9-11.  Another mom on Cm in a different group mentioned something about turning off the cabin pressure and it would make all the passengers pass out and then die. That would be a quick way to kill them so they can't do what the passengers of the 9-11 flights did, call loved ones, call 911 or fight back.

Quoting alc4evermom:

The pilot supposedly wore anti government t shirts in the past and moved his family out of the house the day before the disappearance.  I'm not a huge fan of alex jones but I just watched a clip of him talking about it lol

i do believe that it was hijacked

supercarp
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I think the plane landed somewhere. I will continue to believe that until we learn otherwise.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I don't know. The whole thing makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that the plane was hijacked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN