Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think other world leaders respect Obama?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 196 Replies

Fewer Americans Think Obama Respected on World Stage
http://www.gallup.com/poll/167534/fewer-americans-think-obama-respected-world-stage.aspx

Slim majority still think world views U.S. favorably

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- For the first time, more Americans think President Barack Obama is not respected by other world leaders than believe he is. Americans' opinions have shifted dramatically in the past year, after being relatively stable from 2010 to 2013.

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM
4 moms liked this

No. I think they laugh at him, especially since he threatened Syria with his big red crayon line then backed down with his tail between his legs.

His latest approval ratings are down to 30% approval from the American people. So he's continuously losing respect from his own supporters.

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM
7 moms liked this

Quoting VooDooB:

No. I think they laugh at him, especially since he threatened Syria with his big red crayon line then backed down with his tail between his legs.

His latest approval ratings are down to 30% approval from the American people. So he's continuously losing respect from his own supporters.

4everMuslim
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

No they do not. They do not respect him nor do they fear him. They didn't respect Bush either but they feared him. They don't fear Obama. Obama is under qualified and don't know what side to play on. Look how he was in support to rid the Mubarak regime in Egypt. Although he didn't play a part in ridding him and was still sending him money to the end he welcomed the Brotherhood then when Mansure (Mubarak's right hand man) staged the illegal coup outing the elected Morsi Obama played the "I'm staying out of it" game. it now appears he is supporting Mansour. Qaddafi... that was his friend until world pressure pushed him to turn against him and now look at Libya it is disintegrating back into the 19th century. Look as Bashar of Syria and the "red line in the sand" Bashar crossed the red line and Obama did nothing which is why they don't air the situation in Syria now.

The Arab world in general the Muslims and the Christians think he is a big joke and they laughed their asses off him when he gave that bogus ass speech in Cairo back about 4 or 5 years ago.

Back about 6 or7 years before his first campaign he was anti Zionist and pro Palestine. He even made donations to some of the organizations I belong to. When he announced who he was as most didn't know him he was asked about all that and he sat there through his lying teeth and denied it. A few weeks later he got up on stage before A.I.P.A.C. (American israeli Public Affairs Committee) on June 8 2008 and declared israle as his unconditional friend.

PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

My the tides have turned, haven't they, where President Obama is concerned? 

I don't think he's respected any more or less than his predecessor, former President Bush.

Changing times and situations force this thinking of any American president, I feel.

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Yeah, NO

candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Did they ever?

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM
9 moms liked this

Republicans and racists dont help.

I think alot of Americans see through this.

supermonstermom
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

No, other countries do not have respect for him, why would they?  He is wishy washy and doesn't say what he means and means what he says. 

He has got to be the worst president ever, I didn't think a President would ever be more of joke than Jimmy Carter, but it looks like I was wrong.

waldorfmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM
HA HA HA
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:01 AM

What?

Quoting MomTiara19:

Republicans and racists dont help.

I think alot of Americans see through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN