Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill O'Reilly Continues To Attack Beyoncé On 'Late Show With David Letterman' [VIDEO

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 103 Replies

Bill O'Reilly
Bill O'Reilly talks Beyoncé on the "Late Show with David Letterman." YouTube

Bill O’Reilly is continuing to express his disapproval of Beyoncé’s new music, criticizing her on the "Late Show with David Letterman" this past weekend. The Fox News host called her most recent videos “raunchy,” prompting Letterman to acknowledge that most music videos have been for the past 40 to 50 years.

He then asked O’Reilly about Miley Cyrus’ highly criticized “Wrecking Ball” video, in which she is naked. “I missed that. I don’t know how,” O’Reilly said.

The controversial host then proceeded to compare Beyoncé’s latest antics to “thugs,” earning the disapproval of Letterman’s audience. He stated that the talented singer is worth $350 million and therefore “she doesn’t have to do this. I mean some of these thugs that’s all they can do, but she doesn’t have to."

Letterman replied, "We don’t go calling people thugs,causing the audience to cheer.

Do you agree with Bill?

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
5 moms liked this

Bill is too old.

Good for Letterman.

I don't really like Beyonce but neither do I pay enough attention to her one way or the other to know how raunchy she is of late.   I know I dislike the song where she and JayZ make reference to the abuse from Ike towards Tina.

But meh...........Miley is raunchy as hell.

To call her a thug, and that is exactly what he did............and because she is black......................is disgusting and CANNOT be defended.   

He makes me want to go out and buy her music just because he is such an ugly human being.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:06 AM
5 moms liked this

He missed miley cyrus straddling a  damn ball butt ass naked but didn't miss beyonce in a bathing suit singing a song...interesting because both of those videos were on tv non stop. Either way he is helping her out because people are rushing to youtube to see the video and it counts for her. So oh well. Then beyonce is a thug but miley cyrus goes to a awards show and lights a some trees and she is not. I could see if  hewas saying she was to but he is real slighted on his view

lga1965
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I never agree with Bill about anything.

But I must say that today's music is crappy in many ways. Bad language and negative , depressing.  I wonder how he feels about Nicki Minaj and her song that mentions a HOE....LOL....over and over ( 2012)   Should be a "HO", since a HOE is a garden tool. But, whatever.

Ugh.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM

ROFL - yea, O Rielly is not her target audience. He is an idiot lol

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

He missed miley cyrus straddling a  damn ball butt ass naked but didn't miss beyonce in a bathing suit singing a song...interesting because both of those videos were on tv non stop. Either way he is helping her out because people are rushing to youtube to see the video and it counts for her. So oh well. Then beyonce is a thug but miley cyrus goes to a awards show and lights a some trees and she is not. I could see if  hewas saying she was to but he is real slighted on his view

I'm pretty sure his focus on Beyonce is based on her friendship with Michelle Obama.  As well as Beyonce living a lifestyle that is much different then what her music promotes.   

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Quoting lga1965:

But I must say that today's music is crappy in many ways. Bad language and negative , depressing.  I wonder how he feels about Nicki Minaj and her song that mentions a HOE....LOL....over and over ( 2012)   Should be a "HO", since a HOE is a garden tool. But, whatever.

Ugh.

There are a lot of songs I don't like.  'Talk Dirty To Me' has a cool beat and I like the kid who sings it but the lyrics..........nah.  That is the mom and old lady coming out in me.  lol I like Bruno Mars but his song 'Gorilla'....hell no.

But really, there were songs my mother did not like, artists she did not like and did not want me listening to or otherwise.  She never really censored any thing but we talked about certain people, the songs, the way others followed them like baby sheep.

It doesn't change, just like Letterman said.  Not the overall scheme of it all.

My oldest sister, who is 69, could not watch Elvis on television.  lol  We laugh at it now but back then...................................no way!

I just talk with my 14 year old because I know she is going to hear all kinds of music and see all kinds of videos and such, regardless of whether or not I allow it in our home. 

Raunchy isn't new but the way they go about it is more shocking.  Those who do this, just shows me a side of them I don't care to spend money on. 

But my thing with this is Bill's calling Beyonce a thug and where he went from there.  That, to me, is worse than how raunchy Beyonce may be in her latest video.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Inappropriate to call her a thug.  Right about the music though.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM

what does her music promote. From the tracks its mostly love and expensive shit and different kinds of relationships. Which isn't out of the norm forbecasue most singers sing about things they may not be actually doing. Garth Brooks thunder rolls video has him hitting a women and I don't think he is a women beater. So she is associates with michelle so are plenty of other women. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I'm pretty sure his focus on Beyonce is based on her friendship with Michelle Obama.  As well as Beyonce living a lifestyle that is much different then what her music promotes.   

lga1965
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lga1965:

Ugh.

There are a lot of songs I don't like.  'Talk Dirty To Me' has a cool beat and I like the kid who sings it but the lyrics..........nah.  That is the mom and old lady coming out in me.  lol I like Bruno Mars but his song 'Gorilla'....hell no.

But really, there were songs my mother did not like, artists she did not like and did not want me listening to or otherwise.  She never really censored any thing but we talked about certain people, the songs, the way others followed them like baby sheep.

My oldest sister, who is 69, could not watch Elvis on television.  lol  We laugh at it now but back then...................................no way!

I just talk with my 14 year old because I know she is going to hear all kinds of music and see all kinds of videos and such, regardless of whether or not I allow it in our home. 

Raunchy isn't new but the way they go about it is more shocking.  Those who do this, just shows me a side of them I don't care to spend money on. 

But my thing with this is Bill's calling Beyonce a thug and where he went from there.  That, to me, is worse than how raunchy Beyonce may be in her latest video.

Yup. He is low class. Calling anyone a "thug" is low class. I can't stand him.

I don't recall that anyone I know objected to Elvis. LOL. My family was very very laid back and nobody got upset about Elvis . Lots of musical people in my family, and my aunt was a published author who wrote a historical, bodice-ripping romance novel. ETC. SO I am not easily offended.

But....Bill offends me. And some of the profanity in some of the songs NOW I find offensive.  I don't knw...Miley Cyrus offends me. Nicki Minaj using the word Hoe/Ho is stupid. Ahhhh well. I do love Bruno Mars. I love "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and people are bashing him for his appearance with Miley. WHo cares? LOL. I still like him and his music.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting lga1965:

Ugh.

Yup. He is low class. Calling anyone a "thug" is low class. I can't stand him.

I don't recall that anyone I know objected to Elvis. LOL. My family was very very laid back and nobody got upset about Elvis . Lots of musical people in my family, and my aunt was a published author who wrote a historical, bodice-ripping romance novel. ETC. SO I am not easily offended.

But....Bill offends me. And some of the profanity in some of the songs NOW I find offensive.  I don't knw...Miley Cyrus offends me. Using the word Hoe/Ho is stupid. Ahhhh well.

I hear you.  I am not offended as much as I am sickened by much of what is out there.  I called Miley years ago.  I know her father and her mother and what she has chosen to become does not surprise me in the least.  

There will always be those who like to shock and offend while laughing all the way to the bank.  

Music has always been a huge part of my life. Seems I have passed that on to my girls. lol  Sometimes it can be taken too seriously and other times not seriously enough.  Just depends.

My girls, my older ones, laugh and tell people how they could only have a certain poster of Britany Spears on their walls when they were younger.  Only one.  Because the others were 'inappropriate'.  lol  I'm the mom, I get to make that call for them, or did rather, for a while.  They say I was right but at the same time, I didn't stop them from listening to her or otherwise.  I just kept an eye on the visuals and the overall situation.  

My mother did forbid me to ever see Ozzy in concert, or Black Sabbath, rather.  In my 30s, I let her know I went anyway.  I was 15.  How I got away with that still amazes me.  But she was right.  It wasn't something I found to be anything more than disgusting.  But because of the hype and how 'cool' everyone thought it was then...........I lied and went to see for myself.  

Sometimes we are right, sometimes not so much. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)