Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This has always fascinated me about opposition to gay marriage

Posted by   + Show Post

Saw this on FB this morning and just had to snag it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Replies (241-243):
vic270
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I think you are lacking comprehension skills,

Quoting supercarp:

I have studied a lot more Bible than you have. What you study means nothing if you don't know the history of the people who wrote it and what was happening at the time. That is why there is all the silliness about 666 and "rapture." You may as well belong to scientology which was a "religion" invented by a science fiction writer because a friend dared him to do it.

And my point is: You call it God's word, say you believe it, then you say you don't believe it now but it's been fulfilled (whatever that means regarding homosexuality) You shouldn't spout junk and then call it Christianity. It gives real Christians a bad name.

Quoting vic270:

You can be sure of this one thing, my beliefs are coming straight from God's word.I attend church 3 times a week, I go to a Sunday bible study(at church) every Sunday morning before Church services, I go to a Bible study with probably 20-25 people in attendance every other Tuesday night at the elders home and host them at my home every other month.Now with that being said I want you to know I follow Jesus. If the women on here are quoting scripture I will defend them to the end, if they are not I will correct them using scripture to do it. Don't ever think I follow man in no way I follow God and I always will.I am on a mission to go to heaven and the work never gets tireing or burdensome. Thanks for your concern but I do know what I am talking about .(maybe things don't make sense to you because you don't know what the word of God says, like I said study, study, study)

Quoting supercarp:

I think you are brainwashed and are spouting things that don't make sense. You feel have to accept these contradictions in order to fit in with your religion, even though on some level you know you're completely wrong. Churches can be evil.

Quoting vic270:

yes I believe every word of the bible, I believe that we are living under the new testament laws and the old testament was fulfilled when Jesus was nailed to the cross.I have never said that the new testament has been fulfilled, that will be when Jesus returns.I think you could benefit with some studies

Quoting supercarp:

My point is: you're the one who said you believe every word in the Bible. Then you dissmiss it by saying it's been fulfilled. So does that mean you no longer believe it? Or do you just pick out the parts that suit you? Everyone does that, btw, but you can't use that argument to prove that a whole group of people are "sinners" because of their lifestyles.

Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. The epistles admonishing against it were in reference to the Greek belief that females were so lowly that male x male love was superior. The Jews and Romans did not value women either, except virgins who of course hadn't had a chance to die in childbirth yet.

Quoting vic270:

I am going out for a while and don't have time for a bunch of nonsense. You already have your mind made up. WE are under the laws of the new testament, the old testament was fulfilled. Yes It is the same God and that is the God That i worship the one that was the author of the blble in its entirety. That being said God does not now or never has condoned sin. He wants people every where to pick up there cross and follow him and I find that sometimes that is heavier than others but for a life with him after this world is over its worth it. Now I don't know what else to say. Have a good day

Quoting vic270:

You can correct me if I  am wrong but I think that what you quoted was from the old testament. Although that is our creator and the God that I worship we are no longer under old testament law. This law was all fufilled and now our obedience comes from our heart, and that is in the New testament. You will get no argument from me about God not condoning sin, he never has and never will.There is proof of that in the book of Genisis all the way to revelations.So I'm a little confused on what your point is.I think you should ask a few questions before you accuse some one of telling an evil lie. 

Quoting vic270:

I believe every word written in the bible, I can't help what or how other people feel. If you don't, (believe in the bible) then you" may or may not" as you, say have to deal with that, I'm saying you will, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. And it dosen't matter what you or anyone else might think, we consider it an honor and a blessing to get to do this.

Sportbominable
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I don't believe any of those things are moral. 

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:49 PM

That is the point.  Certian Christians are claiming homosexual marriage is going to destroy marriage and so they are obligated to make the civil contract between two people ILLEGAL.  And yet not a peep is heard about making any of those other "immoral" marriages ILLEGAL.  Nor can they show how two men getting married is going to destroy marriage.  What Bob and Steve do, and what legal benefits they are given, has zero impact on my  marriage or anyone elses. 

Quoting Sportbominable:

I don't believe any of those things are moral. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN