Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pooping and having sex is natural but we don't do it in public. Cover up! *Nursing in public* *Warning Adult pics*

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 223 Replies
5 moms liked this

I never undrestood the argument that while breastfeeding is natural and normal, so is pooping and having sex, yet we don't do them in public. Have respect, cover up, yada, yada, yada.

That got me thinking about dogs. Yes dogs do all three in public without shame but we humans only find breastfeeding dogs cute and go out of our way to show our kids. No one ever compares this     to these  So why is breastfeeding cute when animals do it yet private and "shameful" when humans do it?

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM
31 moms liked this

Why does that last dog look like he's wearing pants?

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

He does huh?

I think he had surgury or something.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

lga1965
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Woodbabe:

That's what I was thinking !  big smile mini

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:33 PM
13 moms liked this
It's not a valid argument. People eat and drink all the time in public, which is what breastfeeding is.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh I know. But it's more than that. When looking at a mama dog nursing the majority of people see it as more than just eating. They veiw it as "sweet and cute" which it is. Yet when confronted with a human mother doing the same, the reactions tend to be the opposite.

Quoting jllcali: It's not a valid argument. People eat and drink all the time in public, which is what breastfeeding is.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM
7 moms liked this
Demonization of nudity and the formula propaganda (started decades ago) machine have worked wonders.

Quoting paganbaby:

Oh I know. But it's more than that. When looking at a mama dog nursing the majority of people see it as more than just eating. They veiw it as "sweet and cute" which it is. Yet when confronted with a human mother doing the same, the reactions tend to be the opposite.

Quoting jllcali: It's not a valid argument. People eat and drink all the time in public, which is what breastfeeding is.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Sadly yes.

My mil is the poster child for both. Fortunately for me, I was raised with no body shame and the knowledge that I came from a long line of breastfeeders. 

Quoting jllcali: Demonization of nudity and the formula propaganda (started decades ago) machine have worked wonders.
Quoting paganbaby:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM
6 moms liked this
I always considered it private when a dog was feeding. Only because there are alot of things mom dogs do with pups that need to be done without human interaction or interuption.

But I also don't get why women whip it out, don't cover, etc. Yup its healthy and natural for the baby, but why do they feel the need to show strangers?
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Have you noticed the way alot of people eat? Yea, they shouldn't be eating in public.
SuperChicken
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Are you suggesting that because dogs do those things "without shame" that humans should poop and have sex in public too, or just breastfeed?   I always had you pegged for being a bit granola, but really, this is going to far ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)