Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Drinking while breastfeeding out in public.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 17 Replies

What are your thoughts about this article?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9480607

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheesyKitty
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM
that waitress was wrong. She wasted police resources because a group of people had empty glasses on the table. The mom did not do anything illegal. Maybe not smart. The cops should not have arrested her either.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Sounds like this mom drinks and BFs often.  She didn't realize it was illegal (which I guess it may not be) otherwise she would not have done so.  Sounds like she does it elsewhere.

People do what they want.  You want to harp on how wonderful BFing is and is the best thing you can do for you child, while adding alcohol to it....be my guest.  You are a fool and there are consequences but hey, you have fun with that.

lga1965
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

What is it with self righteous tattle tales nowadays ?
Stupid ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
People honestly need to mind their own business. I'm glad the waitress was fired.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM

The waitress was wrong.

Mom is an idiot but she is entitled to do as she pleases.  Until her child is harmed, that is.

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM

The public needs to mind their own damn business.  I hope the woman sues the waitress.  Anyway, according to the Breastfeeding group, if you're sober enough to drive, you can breasfeed. In fact, beer is recommended as a way to increase your supply.   The alcohol isn't going straight from the glass to the breast milk for heaven's sake.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

The public needs to mind their own damn business.  I hope the woman sues the waitress.  Anyway, according to the Breastfeeding group, if you're sober enough to drive, you can breasfeed. In fact, beer is recommended as a way to increase your supply.   The alcohol isn't going straight from the glass to the breast milk for heaven's sake.  

I can't comprehend telling a BFing mother it is okay to drink.

I get that, in small moderation, some alcohol can indeed be beneficial.  But common sense eludes many and often times they can't tell the difference between moderation and otherwise.

Waitress was wrong.  

Mom is a fool.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Having a beer enhances breastmilk production.

Obviously being drunk would be wrong. What this woman did was not illegal.

The wait staff was out of line.

What a waste of time, energy and money.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Next time maybe the mom should pump, and the waitress should mind her own business

PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I've heard that both beer and even a glass of wine can help with breast milk production.

Getting drunk is obviously not a great way to be in public...period.

But the wait staff was most definitely out of line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)