Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are you afraid of Russia?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM
  • 61 Replies

I suspect many of the older ladies will say yes.  Russia was painted very darkly to me with fallout shelters everywhere and tensions so high.

Are you afraid of Russia or have you ever been?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I am afraid of Russia, China and that kid in N Korea is pretty unsettling as well.

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

No and I grew up in the height of the Cold War.  I was a teen when the Vietnam war ended.  Russia has its own problems domestically.  It is all bluff and blunder right now.  This is an entirely different world from when the Soviet Union was feared.  The Soviet Union was broken financially during the arms build up race of the Regean Administration and they still haven't recovered financially.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

No.  I'm not afraid of Russia at this time.  I see no reason to be. 

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

nope and nope

babygirl4326
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Heck yeah! Have you SEEN their army?

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
No I'm afraid of the USA butting their noses where they don't belong. Frankly our govt screw us more than anyone so that's who I'm afraid of.
survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I understand that much is different now but Mr Putin in and of himself is frightening to me.  He , or should I say they, have been very opportunistic in his PR but I think under all that is a very cold and calculating man. 

I hope you are correct in them being bluff and blunder.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No and I grew up in the height of the Cold War.  I was a teen when the Vietnam war ended.  Russia has its own problems domestically.  It is all bluff and blunder right now.  This is an entirely different world from when the Soviet Union was feared.  The Soviet Union was broken financially during the arms build up race of the Regean Administration and they still haven't recovered financially.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM

No.

Of what we may end up doing...........yes.

lga1965
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm one of "the older ladies" and I am NOT afraid of Russia.
.....talk about stereotyping.
I'm afraid of intolerant, controlling, conservatives in our country because they're going to screw tbe middle class and anyone who.is "different", if you know what I mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM
3 moms liked this

No.  But I think many in Europe probably are and have reason to be.  But I also think Obama was a fool to poke the bear. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN