Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If Hobby Lobby were a Muslim Owned Business People Would be Screaming "Sharia Law"

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM
  • 209 Replies
26 moms liked this

As a Muslim women who abides by some pretty strict rules for MYSELF I am totally offended with what Hobby Lobby is trying to impose on their employees. 

Religious freedoms are a beautiful thing but it means the right to choose for yourself-not everyone else!  I hate to have to point out this similarity but in some quote Muslim countries they have many Hobby Lobby-esque type of issues. 

If Hobby Lobby were Muslim owned instead of Christian and trying to say they can not not be forced to provide women with methods of brith control via healthcare laws people would be up in arms screaming impending threats of Sharia Law!

Hobby Lobby is forgetting that our religious freedoms work here because we also choose to co-exist and respect others beliefs. 

As a Muslim women myself I would never dream of trying to impose my beliefs on others-simply gratefull for the freedom to practice mine.

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

If HL were Muslim owned, I wonder if they would experience this level of success?

I do not have a HL near me-never have. Are they concentrated in certain areas that are more accepting of their practices??? IDK.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM
5 moms liked this

good

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

If HL were Muslim owned, I wonder if they would experience this level of success?

I do not have a HL near me-never have. Are they concentrated in certain areas that are more accepting of their practices??? IDK.

We have one in Spokane Valley.

When it first came to town I had never heard of them before.  My daughter and I immediately made the trip. 

Holy moly, they have a lot of stuff.  

It wasn't until my middle daughter applied for work there.  It sounded good on paper, the pay, the hours, Sundays off.  Until the interview..............  

I can't say if more people in that area are more accepting of their practices or not, honestly.  The people I know who have dealt with them were less than pleased.  Their turn over rate with employees is pretty high from what I have been told.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:43 PM
8 moms liked this

Well I think this goes without saying. I mean, the same people who think they have the right to determine other people's health care choices based on their religious beliefs don't believe anyone else's religious beliefs are valid so they don't have to respect them.

Its.me.Sam.
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:45 PM
7 moms liked this

well said.
i agree that if hobby lobby was not led by a majority accepted religion then people would be screaming about how unconstitutional it is to have their (other than acceptable)religion pushed on their employees.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

B I N G O

But the SCOTUS has a preponderance of Catholics.

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you might be right. Just like the Muslims trying to make a cemetery are being blocked from doing it. I don't think it would be an issue if it was Christians trying to do it.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Quoting Healthystart30: I think you might be right. Just like the Muslims trying to make a cemetery are being blocked from doing it. I don't think it would be an issue if it was Christians trying to do it.

Where are they attempting to build this cemetery?

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM
5 moms liked this

How is HL refusing to pay for select forms of birth control imposing their beliefs?  They have not said they will not hire women who use BC, nor have they asked women to disclose if they use birth control.  They just don't want to pay for select forms of birth control.  

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Yup.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)