Stupid School Policies - Not Entirely the Schools Fault
Heres my thing when it comes to stupid school policies. You are seeing them more and more these days. As someone who has worked in the school system before, theres a few things that goes on that I don't think people see. Heres the deal I agree that some of the policies being passed now days are stupid. However, the schools aren't necessarily to blame. Here's the cycle of the creation of most policies.
1. Parents complain about something (either bullying, distraction of other students so on so forth, etc.)
2. School discovers theres really not much that can be done legally.
3. Something happens (either violence, student attempts suicide, student fails due to disctraction so on so forth, etc.
4. School is sued.
5. School is forced by courts to do something.
6. New Stupid Rule is created.
Like I said I understand that some of the rules are stupid, but heres some of the problem. Parents are not stepping up to the plate. I have seen way too many kids come and go through the school system whos parents expect the schools to raise their kids for them. A lot of the time the bullying happens because the parents haven't taught their children how to be compassionate for the children are different. So we produce these kids, expect them to just automatically get it, then get mad at the schools when they don't get it.