Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Personal current event that is also national

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
  • 249 Replies
4 moms liked this

Yes this is a gay topic (hence the national part). The personal part is it is my cousin. He came out as gay recently. He has realized it for 6ish years. But he has kept a cover girlfriend the entire time due to his fear of the family. He came out to my brother who referred him to my mom who just told everyone because she is a bitch. But now 3/4 of the family are trying to disown him, tell him he is going to hell, or say he is just confused. 

So just my personal PSA, don't raise your children in a family where being gay is unacceptable. My cousin has been living in turmoil for years. He has dragged a girl into this (his cover girlfriend) and now has two kids. He is scared of basically everyone in the family. He thinks half is going to beat him to a pulp and the other half is going to condemn him to hell to his face. He is scared to go home everynight because of what our grandmother is going to say to him (yes he lives with our grandmother, that is a different matter and is attempting to move out, that has been complicated by the cover girlfriend and children). 

And don't give me the BS of it is unnatural or against your religion. Every religion says to love your children and your neighbor. Raising someone to think you are going to disown them basicaly for their sexual orientation is not right.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sstripedmonkey
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I find it sad other people think it's their business to begin with, I personally don't care what someone does with their life, and will teach my children to be compassionate.
waldorfmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Wow, that is outrageous !

I have been fortunate enough to reside in northern California, so bias like that (against other races, gays, Jews, etc.) is not something I have had to deal with. I mean, sure some people here are like that, but the culture rejects them as bigots.

Here's hoping your cousin can get to a place with more liberty. He certainly owes nothing to people who have mistreated him, so he can move far away. And his girlfriend cannot possibly want to stay in a region where her children will be exposed to such an abusive and oppressive culture !

billsfan1104
by Jules on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Did his girlfriend that he had sex with and had two children with, know that he was gay?? 

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM
So sad :( I hope he finds the courage to move forward and leave behind the unsupportive family if necessary.
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Poor guy. I hope he finds enough peace within himself to hold his head high no matter what they say and do. Society is making progress, slowly but surely. It is slower I some places than others...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

He has dragged a girl into this (his cover girlfriend) and now has two kids.

What?

armywifey1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I just want to hug your cousin! Basing your love or hate of someone simply because of their sexual orientation is mind blowingly rediculous to me. I hope you're standing with him in this difficult time (it sounds like you are). May he find the courage to get away from the hate, and begin living his life the way he's always wanted to! Every person on this earth deserves no less. 

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:29 PM

As my therapist puts it "What is between Philly and Pittsburgh? Alabama". It is so...redneck here. I hate it. But unfortunately we also live in an area where it is very hard to get out of here. My wife and I have plans to get out of here one day and have only stayed for the kids (we found a great school for them). But my cousin and his ex-gf will never make it out of the county. I honestly wouldn't put it past her to withhold the kids once she finds out.

Quoting waldorfmom:

Wow, that is outrageous !

I have been fortunate enough to reside in northern California, so bias like that (against other races, gays, Jews, etc.) is not something I have had to deal with. I mean, sure some people here are like that, but the culture rejects them as bigots.

Here's hoping your cousin can get to a place with more liberty. He certainly owes nothing to people who have mistreated him, so he can move far away. And his girlfriend cannot possibly want to stay in a region where her children will be exposed to such an abusive and oppressive culture !

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM

No

Quoting billsfan1104:

Did his girlfriend that he had sex with and had two children with, know that he was gay?? 

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I told him he has to learn to tell the family to fuck off. It is the only way to live happily. He is struggling with it because of his place in the family dynamics.

Quoting HIJKLM: So sad :( I hope he finds the courage to move forward and leave behind the unsupportive family if necessary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)