Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Where Children Sleep

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 102 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am thinking of redoing my daughters bedroom in the next couple of weeks.  And I think about how much crap she has, A TV, DVD, X-Box and WII.  SHe also has a cell phone and we currently share a Laptop. 

But then my brother posted this.  I am going to show this to my daughter tonight. 

http://pulptastic.com/james-mollison-where-children-sleep/

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Interesting to get a bit of perspective, no? I'm going to save this and show it to my kids next time they start complaining about not having the latest electronic goodie that "everyone" else has.

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I have seen this before, I think someone posted this last year.  It was fascinating then and fascinating now.  :-)

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats why I posted it.  Mine complains about her not having an Iphone, because she has flipphone, and its embarrasing in her school.

That is why I showing her this tonight.

Quoting DivingDiva:

Interesting to get a bit of perspective, no? I'm going to save this and show it to my kids next time they start complaining about not having the latest electronic goodie that "everyone" else has.

fanciepantz
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I think the photographer was way off with the USA one that is not a typical American child's room with all the guns and such.
tanyainmizzou
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Perspective there.

Multiple people have told me how sad it that I don't allow tvs in our bedrooms.     The guest room has one because I made that room specifically for my dad when I finally convince him he needs to live with us.   My son's room if for sleeping, reading, and playing with toys; having him tucked away upstairs watching tv is not something I want.

But we make sure he knows how much he is loved and what a lucky lad he is.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Darn, I thought it was something new.  I should have looked at the date.  But you are right, It is fascinating

Quoting romalove:

I have seen this before, I think someone posted this last year.  It was fascinating then and fascinating now.  :-)

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
If my child complained about not have certain things we would removed what he currently has and let him go without.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Thats why I posted it.  Mine complains about her not having an Iphone, because she has flipphone, and its embarrasing in her school.

Quoting DivingDiva:

rgba
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes. I have never seen a kids room remotely like that, and I think it discredits this to some extent. Particularly since there are plenty of American kids who sleep on crappy old couches or a mattress on the floor.

He should have picked an average US kids room.

Quoting fanciepantz: I think the photographer was way off with the USA one that is not a typical American child's room with all the guns and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I wish I could take away her phone.  BUt she needs it, because she walks home from school(no bus), and I am a single mother that works nights sometimes. 

BUt the phone is mine, when I come home.  SHe is not allowed to have it past 9pm. 

Quoting lovemymini: If my child complained about not have certain things we would removed what he currently has and let him go without.
Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting DivingDiva:

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember walking 2 miles home from school everyday WITHOUT a cell phone not to long ago either.

She doesn't NEED it, you want her to have it. She sounds a bit spoiled and entitled.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I wish I could take away her phone.  BUt she needs it, because she walks home from school(no bus), and I am a single mother that works nights sometimes. 

BUt the phone is mine, when I come home.  SHe is not allowed to have it past 9pm. 

Quoting lovemymini: If my child complained about not have certain things we would removed what he currently has and let him go without.
Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting DivingDiva:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)