Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

RSVP

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM
KK
  • 123 Replies
1 mom liked this

When your children or you are invited to a party and the host requests you RSVP do you?  

Has this courtesy gone to the way of the dodos with the invention of the e-vite?  Has it become so easy to just click a button that the very idea of sending an email or making a phone call is daunting?  

If you still RSVP, have you noticed the trend of others to not do it?  

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I always try to RSVP if they are going.. If not I dont think too...

GLWerth
by Gina on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

We RSVP if it is requested. I figure they need it for planning.

That said, we often get invitations only a day or two before the event. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to drive to Target first thing in the morning for a present for a birthday party that afternoon.

I do note that many don't do this and I find it to be rude, though to be fair, everyone drops the ball sometimes. (Says she who sent in her kids' final camp payment on the deadline date, rather than before.)

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM

If only people actually didn't show up if they neglected to RSVP...unfortunately not calling isn't a guarantee that the people won't be there.  

Quoting SilverSterling:

I always try to RSVP if they are going.. If not I dont think too...

lga1965
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes, I always RSVP.
I send thank you notes too which seems to.really be rare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I try to plan all my kids parties in Advance however in Aug I have 2 birthdays in the 13th one on the 24th, one on the 25th and one on the 28th.. all but one of those we actually celebrate. for that I normally throw one party with 2 themes...

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I always RSVP whether they are going or not going.

Just this past weekend, we hosted a party. One mother didn't RSVP and she ended up bringing her child. It wasn't a birthday party and it was obvious that the mother didn't read the invitation clearly as she showed up with a birthday gift and wouldn't take it back.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

YES!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I always RSVP. I'm also often told in the only one who did. It seems like I usually get 1-2 RSVPs when I've had parties for my kids. Typically 4-7 more kids than that show up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm ready to just go back to family parties and cupcakes at school.  :) Although, even my own family neglects to RSVP.  :) 

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom: I always RSVP. I'm also often told in the only one who did. It seems like I usually get 1-2 RSVPs when I've had parties for my kids. Typically 4-7 more kids than that show up.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I always RSVP

However, I see that many people don't bother either way (whether attending or not)

I do think simple courtesies and manners is greatly lacking today. I also think many people haven't been taught what it means...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN