Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you survive the Purge?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM
  • 126 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you participate?

Options:

I would. *Evil smile*

I wouldn't but I also wouldn't hesitate killing to protect my family.

I don't know...

Probably not.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

I was watching the Purge again last night with the kids, love that move! And it got me thinking. If the Purge was real, how would my family fare? How would yours?

For anyone who doesn't know. In the year 2022, the United States has become "a nation reborn" thanks to the New Founding Fathers of America. Crime and unemployment rates are hitting an all-time low due to the government having instituted an annual 12-hour period called "the Purge" during which all criminal activity (including murdertheft, and rape) becomes legal. The only rules during the Purge are that government officials of "ranking 10 or higher" must remain unharmed and usage of weaponry above "Class 4" (such as WMDs) is forbidden. Additionally, the police and emergency services are suspended during this time and anyone who doesn't follow the rules of the Purge will receive the death penalty. The Purge is designed to act as a catharsis for the American middle and working classes, so that they may vent all negative emotions and repressed urges however and on whomever they desire, although it is implied throughout the film that the Purge is really just a method of population control, allowing the weeding-out of the impoverished and other people who are seen as a burden on the economy and society in general.

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

For us I'm thinking we'd invest in some guns and training then the week of the purge we'd go on a family camping trip with everyone i love and hole up someplace remote until it was over.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I know of at least one person who, given the opportunity, would like to kill me.  My family as a whole, though, would probably be fine.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this

While I would not target anyone myself I would make it through just fine. I have no problem defending myself and my family with deadly force if it is truly neccassery and in this case it would be.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM

For real? Who?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I know of at least one person who, given the opportunity, would like to kill me.  My family as a whole, though, would probably be fine.

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

lga1965
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL, sounds like a real fun movie......
I have no.idea.
( being sarcastic. I'd pass on watching that movie)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Oh it's awesome! lol

Quoting lga1965: LOL, sounds like a real fun movie...... I have no.idea

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

jazzgirl205
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Wasn't this a Star Trek episode in the 60s?  Landreu?

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Well I live remote. I've got the infrastructure. We have a fence that looks like a prison because of our dogs. Oh did I mention the big ass dogs? Did I mention the guns? We got that.

I have the perfect disposition to become a serial killer. To say I'd murder to protect mine is an understatement.

tanyainmizzou
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I would just go to our cabin in New Mexico for a couple of days.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM

My dd had me dyin'! LOL We were talking about our neighbors who hate us. She said they wouldn't mind killing us but we'd get them first. Then she goes on how she'd kill them.

The 10yo she'd just push over, the 15yo she'd slap, then the mom, she'd lure her with twinkies and then chop off her head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)