• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kentucky Tea Partier Speaks At Cockfight He ‘Thought’ Was State’s Rights Rally!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM
  • 1 Replies

Tea Party candidate Matt Bevin spoke at an event he “believed” was focused on “state’s rights.”  In reality, it was to support legislation to legalize cockfighting in Kentucky.

Bevin is currently going against incumbent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Bevin spoke at The Arena in Corbin, Kentucky on Saturday to a crowd of approximately 700.

After being confronted about the event, Bevin stated,

“I was the first person to speak and then I left.  They knew I was here. They asked if I would be interested in speaking. I’m a politician running statewide, any chance I get to speak to a few hundred people I’m going to take it.”

Does that mean Bevin would speak to a pro-choice event?  Would he meet would a group of neo-nazis?

Furthermore, the group organizer stated there was never a question about the rally’s message.

Bevin has gained favor over Senator McConnell with those looking to legalize cockfighting in Kentucky.  In February, groups that support cockfighting vowed revenge against the Senator for his support of the Farm Bill.  One provision inside the law was making cockfighting a federal misdemeanor with a punishment of as much as a year in prison and a fine of $100,000.

It is just another day in Kentucky politics.

Watch an undercover video filed by the Humane Society on cockfighting in Kentucky.

http://aattp.org/kentucky-tea-partier-speaks-at-cockfight-he-thought-was-states-rights-rally/ 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Oh lawd. If this is the best Kentucky can do, then damn.

Quote:

Bevin is currently going against incumbent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)