Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Has Islam Really Always Been a Part of America's History?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 45 Replies

H/T Veronica Varallo  
Barack Obama, during his Cairo speech, said:
"I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America 's history."
A PATRIOTIC AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE
Dear Mr. Obama:
Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.
Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.
Can you show me one Muslim signature on the: United States Constitution?
Declaration of Independence ?
Bill of Rights?
Didn't think so.
Did Muslims fight for this country's freedom from England ? No.
Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.
In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own half-brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family's "rich Islamic heritage," doesn't it Mr. Obama?
Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country?
Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.
Where were Muslims during this country's Woman's Suffrage era?
Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the 'hajib' or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women's rights, aren't they?
Where were Muslims during World War II?
They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi's in killing Jews.
Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001?
If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East . No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other cable news network's that day. Strangely, the very "moderate" Muslims who's asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.
And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims have here in America ...
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslims.
And now we can add November 5, 2009 - the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a Muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan .
Also, don't forget the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15.2013 was done by 2 Muslim Brothers. That, Mr. Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in America
EVERY AMERICAN MUST READ THIS !!
OH THERE"S A WHOLE LOT MORE !!!

Barack Obama, during his Cairo speech, said:
"I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America 's history."

A PATRIOTIC AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RESPONSE

Dear Mr. Obama:
Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.

Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on the: United States Constitution?
Declaration of Independence ?
Bill of Rights?
Didn't think so.
Did Muslims fight for this country's freedom from England ? No.
Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ? No, they did not.
In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own half-brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black Muslims as "pug nosed slaves." Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family's "rich Islamic heritage," doesn't it Mr. Obama?

Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country?
Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.
Where were Muslims during this country's Woman's Suffrage era?
Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the 'hajib' or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women's rights, aren't they?

Where were Muslims during World War II?
They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi's in killing Jews.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001?
If they weren't flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East . No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other cable news network's that day. Strangely, the very "moderate" Muslims who's asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.

And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the "rich heritage" Muslims have here in America ...

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslims.
And now we can add November 5, 2009 - the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a Muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan .
Also, don't forget the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15.2013 was done by 2 Muslim Brothers. That, Mr. Obama is the "Muslim heritage" in America

EVERY AMERICAN MUST READ THIS !!

OH THERE"S A WHOLE LOT MORE !!!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM

This is going around on Facebook,  How would you refute it?

lga1965
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Is there a source? I am speechless.

I haven't seen this on Facebook. I only have 36 friends( on purpose , because  I am choosy )and none of them post political comments,thank goodness.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Well there may not have been Muslim's but those first Americans came here for religious freedom. Religious freedom for ALL!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like something my first husband would write.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

While there is SOME accuracy in what this guy says, there is also a lot of stereotyping (many Muslims mourn 9/11, and many died while working in the towers... they weren't just the bombers or Middle East rejoicers), a lot of inaccuracies (not all Muslim countries believe in subservience of women), etc.  Muslims may not be a part of our history, but they are contributing in many ways today, and that is something the author of this fails to mention, because he is so hung up on the idea that all Muslims are terrorists.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Dang, you just reminded me of a video I saw the other day about this. It was AWESOME. I'm going to go find it now.
Quoting furbabymum:

Well there may not have been Muslim's but those first Americans came here for religious freedom. Religious freedom for ALL!

wedding planning

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Here's the video.  It's kind of long, but skip forward to about 4 1/2 minutes in.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-boy-makes-anti-muslim-comments-in-front-of-an-american-soldier-the-soldiers-reply-priceless

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
4 moms liked this

Since the US is made up entirely of indigenous (Native Americans) and immigrants, it is pretty safe to say that yes muslims are indeed part of this country's rich history.  Turkey for instance is 98% muslim and the earliest known turkish immigration was in 1586 when Francis Drake brought over 200 muslims (identified as Turks and Moors) to the English Colony in NC. Then there was a significant immigration wave from 1820-1920 when about 300,000 immigrated from the Ottomon Empire.  50,000 of which were Muslim Turks and the remainder being Arabs, Azeri, Armenians, Greeks Jews and other Muslim groups under the Ottomon rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_American#CITEREFKaya2004

Abd-Allah, Umar Faruq (2010), Turks, Moors, & Moriscos in Early America: Sir Francis Drake's Liberated Galley Slaves & the Lost Colony of Roanoke, Nawawi Foundation
http://dx.doi.org/10.1080%2F1360200042000296672

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with parts of this, that are able to be proven, I do not agree with the 9/11 statement, there were also innocent Muslims killed in the tragedy that day. We as Americans have got to stop labeling and start all being Americans

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I would call them ignorant fucks right before I blocked their nasty disgusting asses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)