Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BREAKING: Suspicious device reported in Killeen neighborhood (Update in replies)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

(KCEN) -- A Killeen neighborhood is being evacuated due to reports of a suspicious device at 8th and Hoover.

The Killeen Police Department has confirmed that an IED is attached to a truck in the neighborhood. The device has wires hanging out.

A neighbor spotted the device. The Fort Hood bomb squad is on the way to the scene.

A several block radius has been evacuated. The evacuation zone spans from Residents from 2nd to 10th street and Harrison to Dunn. Residents are being bused to the Killeen Community Center. 

This incident is unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood Wednesday afternoon.

SOURCE

Yeah.. this is like.. 2 maybe 3 miles from the gate I live near.. >.>

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Holy hell.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Holy hell.

srsly... need to move.. so bad

DanaG70
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Just what the residents need.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I know there was a recruit that was discharged due to threats of violence and was actually 'lost' when they were turning him over to the FBI. They've been looking for him, he made threats against Ft. Hood.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

I know there was a recruit that was discharged due to threats of violence and was actually 'lost' when they were turning him over to the FBI. They've been looking for him, he made threats against Ft. Hood.

holy shit, really?!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Quoting DanaG70: Just what the residents need.

yeah.. >. >

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Woodbabe:

holy shit, really?! 

I had a sudded OH SHIT moment, wasn't sure if that was public knowlege.

Phew. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/01/military-hunts-one-time-recruit-planning-ft-hood-style-jihad/

Okay my comment wasn't 100% accurate, but close enough! He hadn't gone to boot camp yet.

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Woodbabe:

holy shit, really?! 

I had a sudded OH SHIT moment, wasn't sure if that was public knowlege.

Phew. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/01/military-hunts-one-time-recruit-planning-ft-hood-style-jihad/

Okay my comment wasn't 100% accurate, but close enough! He hadn't gone to boot camp yet.

fuck fuck ... fuck fuck

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Prayers are going out to the Fort Hood area

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

update:

KILLEEN, Texas (KCEN/KXAN) – A Killeen neighborhood was evacuated due to reports of an IED on a truck, according to KXAN sister station KCEN in the Waco area..

The Killeen Police Department confirmed the suspicious device at 8th and Hoover is an IED, which has wires hanging out.

A neighbor spotted the device, telling KXAN’s Chris Sadeghi that he found it on the hood of a truck. The man said it was made from two pipes and looked strange, so he called police.

The Fort Hood bomb squad responded, and a bomb robot could be seen in the middle of the neighborhood street — putting something in a box. The robot wheeled off, leaving a black bucket sitting in the street and a member of the bomb squad apparently wiring it with something.

An officer then told reporters and others in the area to “bunker down behind a car or something.”

About 1 p.m., a loud bang could be heard, and the threat appeared to be over, Sadeghi said.

Several blocks are barricaded as troopers and police respond to the IED threat (Chris Sadeghi/KXAN)

Several blocks are barricaded as troopers and police respond to the IED threat (Chris Sadeghi/KXAN)

A several block radius was been evacuated, and residents are being moved to the community center.

Killeen police have evacuated a neighborhood after an IED was found attached to a truck. (Killeen Police Dept.)

Killeen police have evacuated a neighborhood after an IED was found attached to a truck. (Killeen Police Dept.)

This incident was unrelated to the shooting at Fort Hood on Wednesday afternoon, where a gunman shot and killed three people and hurt 16 others before turning the gun on himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)