Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The best cover band EVER

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies have a new album coming out featuring the song "straignt Up" by Paula Abdul. Add this to their already amazing song list and you've got the best cover band in the history of the world!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM

BUMP!

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

mettallica cover of  thin lizzys whisky in the jar i love that tune

they did bob seagers turn the page

eric clapton coverd bob dylans knockin on hevens door is beautifully done as well

to love somebody was coverd by eric burdon and the animals  you can hear the soul in his voice

aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM

These bands covered songs, but none are specifically a cover band like this one. Granted, all of the members of Me First  are in other (very successful) bands, but this one only plays covers. And they make them ROCK!

Quoting redmummyof3:

eric clapton coverd bob dylans knockin on hevens door is beautifully done as well

to love somebody was coverd by eric burdon and the animals  you can hear the soul in his voice

bettyb123
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes is the best band ever! I am sooo happy to see someone else appreciate their music. I have yet to find someone in my area who has even heard of them. Rock On aehutmacher Rock On!
aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM

OMG, we should totallt be besties!

I keep leaving these videos around here hoping someone will recognise them. I was beginning to think that i'm the only mom in the world who likes punk rock. Glad to finally see i'm not alone ;)

Quoting bettyb123: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes is the best band ever! I am sooo happy to see someone else appreciate their music. I have yet to find someone in my area who has even heard of them. Rock On aehutmacher Rock On!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:17 PM

My niece has the best cover band ever.....oh no wait, my nephew has the best cover band ever........no no no no I think my cousin has.

cover bands even great ones are a dime a dozen :-)

bettyb123
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have probably play their cds to 100 people by now and not a single person was interested. I couldnt believe it!

Quoting aehutmacher:

I keep leaving these videos around here hoping someone will recognise them. I was beginning to think that i'm the only mom in the world who likes punk rock. Glad to finally see i'm not alone ;)

Quoting bettyb123: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes is the best band ever! I am sooo happy to see someone else appreciate their music. I have yet to find someone in my area who has even heard of them. Rock On aehutmacher Rock On!

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Quoting aehutmacher:

These bands covered songs, but none are specifically a cover band like this one. Granted, all of the members of Me First  are in other (very successful) bands, but this one only plays covers. And they make them ROCK!

Quoting redmummyof3:

aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Quoting bettyb123: I have probably play their cds to 100 people by now and not a single person was interested. I couldnt believe it!

Quoting aehutmacher:

I know, right? I was just talking to DH about this. I mean, you don't even have to know them, but you will always be able to rock out to their music.

When they covered Annie's song by John Denver, I literally cried. Okay, I'm pretty sure I was on huge rag or something, but it seriously made my day.
redmummyof3
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry not into it but to each there own

if they make you happy then enjoy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)