Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Disgusted with the school systems!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 161 Replies
My niece is a 2nd grader, she suffers from complex partial seizures and had some pretty extreme ADHD. The complex partial seizures cause her to occasionally wet her pants in the midst of them... Her teacher claims she sees no sign of any seizures (my request is to see her medical degree) and has made my niece wear wet pants throughout the day instead of letting her call home to get another change of clothes. She's flat out told her "oh we'll guess you have to wear wet pants today". She has targeted my niece and made crude comments about my niece TO my niece! She came home from school this week and told me what her teacher had said. We have spoken with the teacher and principle about her behavior several times! Nothing seems to happen, so this time we went to the superintendent who excused the teachers behavior because she has never witnessed it. Excuse my why would my niece lie and make these things up?! We asked to move her to a different classroom and the superintendent denied the approval, so we tried to move her to a different school and the school will not release her from their system! This is ridiculous! My niece should not have to put up with this! Not to mention my niece is having problems learning in her class, I've gone and witnessed that the teacher doesn't actually TEACH, she simply hands them the work and tells them to do it! I'm disgusted with our school system here!
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcauseimthemom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Is homeschooling an option?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM
8 moms liked this

Why isn't your niece on an IEP and program for accomodations? And are you her guardian?

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your niece on an IEP?  Has her health DX been turned into the school with a plan of action for her seizures as well as what to expect during them?  

morristatiana
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I'm not her guardian, but I pick them up from school and keep them until my sister gets off work.. She might as well be mine. She's on RX for them, but complex partial is a seizure that looks like the child or person is day dreaming. You can't quite distinguish the difference..so there really isn't anything you can do for them when they happen.
morristatiana
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM
We looked into it, but because the school won't release her it could get my sister into trouble if she stopped sending her

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

bcauseimthemom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM
6 moms liked this

Is it possible to take the story to the media? What about making a police report for some type of abuse since she is shaming her and making her sit in urine after it happens??

supermonstermom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM

The school won't release her?

Quoting morristatiana: We looked into it, but because the school won't release her it could get my sister into trouble if she stopped sending her
Quoting bcauseimthemom:

A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm dealing with school BS myself, of a different kind, and I know how ridiculous and how much of a run-around they may you do. Then you finish and they tell you to go back to start and do it all over again. It's so frustrating and the kids continue to suffer while adults play their little power trip and bureaucratic games.

Keep going up the line. If the Superintendent won't deal with it, find the next person up the chain and go to them. Threaten to hire a lawyer, that usually gets schools attention. Most of them only understand legal force and potential loss of money.  

morristatiana
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM
We contacted the local news channel they won't get involved, unfortunately. I believe the police report was an idea my sister had, but the school is protecting the teacher for some reason..

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Is it possible to take the story to the media? What about making a police report for some type of abuse since she is shaming her and making her sit in urine after it happens??

LiveinJoy
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM

That sucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN