Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

2 million bikers and a hateful post

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 83 Replies

OK. I joined a group, because I supported their initial cause and their willingness to help Veterans.  They raise money to go to Veteran funds and so forth. 

I recently read a post where a Detroit woman was kicked out of gym for her clothes.  Of course there is only one side.  In the comments section, many people were talking about extinguishing Muslims and so forth.  That didnt sit well with me. 

I messaged the group owner, and explained to him that it was wrong for them to continue to allow those comments on the board. 

He just messaged me BYE. 

I am just perplexed.  It makes that group look intolerant and hateful. 

they now have blocked me. 

https://www.facebook.com/2MillionBikersDC

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm really sorry they booted you, but yes - they are intolerant and hateful.  They don't just look that way.

I've seen a lot of stuff from them, including items on their FB page.  At least one of the founders is very racist against Arabs and Muslims, and many of their members are.  They try to clean it up/cover it up, but that's what it is.

A hate group.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Wasn't this the same group that planned the anti Muslim rally last fall?  Their hatefulness was certainly no secret as their motivation was well publicized.  

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I'm really sorry they booted you, but yes - they are intolerant and hateful.  They don't just look that way.

I've seen a lot of stuff from them, including items on their FB page.  At least one of the founders is very racist against Arabs and Muslims, and many of their members are.  They try to clean it up/cover it up, but that's what it is.

A hate group.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM

They really are.  I though it was a group that wanted to help Veterans.  ANd they really arent.  Believe me, there is no love for Radical Muslims.  But this group lets their members tak it to another level. 

I do not know if it is actual their members or some troll, but they dont take down the quotes. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM

What 4ever above said.

This was started by the guy that planned the anti muslim protest in DC - they were going to drive their bikes through the city protesting Islam.  (why?  what did they hope to accomplish?  dunno)

But once word of the ignorance got out, if I recall correctly, they side-stepped REAL fast and said, oh no, it's all to help veterans and the one guy who said it was about Islam really isn't one of us...

They basically used the veterans issue to cover it all up and attract more people.  

Quoting billsfan1104:

They really are.  I though it was a group that wanted to help Veterans.  ANd they really arent.  Believe me, there is no love for Radical Muslims.  But this group lets their members tak it to another level. 

I do not know if it is actual their members or some troll, but they dont take down the quotes. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I didnt think it was anti-muslim at the time.  I though that this group decided to raise money for Veterans, and thats why I had liked their FB page.  because I saw a lot of good that was coming from off-shoots of the main group. 

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Wasn't this the same group that planned the anti muslin rally last fall?  Their hatefulness was certainly no secret as their motivation was well publicized.  

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I feel stupid.  I really thought they were for Veterans.  Until I read the comments on the page about the Girl being kicked out of the gym.

It really distrubed me, and then the owner of the group being nasty to me. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

What 4ever above said.

This was started by the guy that planned the anti muslim protest in DC - they were going to drive their bikes through the city protesting Islam.  (why?  what did they hope to accomplish?  dunno)

But once word of the ignorance got out, if I recall correctly, they side-stepped REAL fast and said, oh no, it's all to help veterans and the one guy who said it was about Islam really isn't one of us...

They basically used the veterans issue to cover it all up and attract more people.  

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

don't feel stupid.  They suckered my mom, too.  And a nicer lady you'll never meet.

This is bigotry disguised as Americanism.  It's disgusting.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I feel stupid.  I really thought they were for Veterans.  Until I read the comments on the page about the Girl being kicked out of the gym.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

What 4ever above said.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM

awwww your poor mom. 

My very very good friend is Muslim.  She practices her faith, and doesnt have a mean ass bone in her body.  I would never let anyone or let anyone say to her, that her life should be extinguished.  She means the world to me. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

don't feel stupid.  They suckered my mom, too.  And a nicer lady you'll never meet.

This is bigotry disguised as Americanism.  It's disgusting.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

What 4ever above said.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

A hate group.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Wow, what assholes.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM

You should see the post on the girl being kicked out.  Very very hateful

This is what he said to me

so what you're saying is we should sensor our post? You have the freedom to defend the Muslims if you want just as those who are posting about that area which is filled with radical Muslims have a right to post a review. If you got complaints go to the people that you work do you have complaints with. We're not censoring post you're the only one complaining about it

Quoting Euphoric:

Wow, what assholes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)