Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yet another mass school attack this morning *updated*

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM
  • 209 Replies

What is with people these days?

MSNBC just showed a press conference and scrolling under it was a banner saying 7 people have life threatening injuries.

*update*

link

As many as 20 students were hurt when a classmate went on a stabbing rampage through the classrooms and halls of a high school outside Pittsburgh on Wednesday morning, authorities said.

The student suspect was in custody and being questioned by police, Dan Stevens, a Westmoreland County emergency management spokesman, told WPXI, the NBC affiliate in Pittsburgh. He said that the motive was unclear and that the injuries did not appear life-threatening.

Watch live coverage from WPXI

Victims, as young as 15, were taken to four Pittsburgh-area hospitals. Two were in the operating room and a third was on the way, Dr. Chris Kaufmann, a hospital trauma director, told CNN. One hospital reported that it had patients as old as 60.

link

Several people reportedly stabbed at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville

UPDATED 7:53 AM EDT Apr 09, 2014
Franklin Regional High School

Franklin Regional High School

MURRYSVILLE, Pa. —At least six people have been injured in a reported stabbing Wednesday morning at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, according to Westmoreland County emergency management.

LIVE VIDEO: Watch ongoing coverage of the situation at Franklin Regional

One of the patients has been flown to a hospital in a medical helicopter. Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville is taking several of the other patients.

Several police cars and ambulances are at the school. Three medical helicopters are also there, ready to transport any of the injured.

Police have one person in custody. That person has not been identified yet.

Read more:http://www.wtae.com/news/stabbing-at-franklin-regional-high-school-in-murrysville/25391318#ixzz2yOEJogC9

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM

You mean what is with all these boys, not all these people. Mass shooters are men and boys.

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I'm glad the perp is in custody. 

"Hang on, let me send a PM to Jesus so he can join this name calling ignorance ...he's into that these days ...at least according to his peeps."
- sak

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:47 AM
10 moms liked this
I guess because it wasn't a gun, the anti-2nd admendment crowd will remain quiet.
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM

WTF?

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM
22 moms liked this

Quoting billsfan1104: I guess because it wasn't a gun, the anti-2nd admendment crowd will remain quiet.

Huh? You know if a gun had been used, we wouldn't be talking only about "injured" people. Wake up.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:52 AM
5 moms liked this
I want this crap to stop. When will we learn that you can only push people so far? We are so disconnected from one another, someone should have seen the signs.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Did you read the article? There was no shooting...he used a knife.

Quoting UpSheRises:

You mean what is with all these boys, not all these people. Mass shooters are men and boys.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Me too! I'm curious to hear if he was on any meds.

Quoting VooDooB:

I'm glad the perp is in custody. 

billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:55 AM
7 moms liked this
You don't know that. 2nd, this is just as bad as if someone using a gun. Injured or not. But no one will want to talk about banning knives. . Now it's ok to talk about mental health, because a knife was used. But if a gun was used, we don't talk about mental health.

Quoting Seasidegirl:  
Quoting billsfan1104: I guess because it wasn't a gun, the anti-2nd admendment crowd will remain quiet.
 Huh? You know if a gun had been used, we wouldn't be talking only about "injured" people. Wake up.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Why is that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)