Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mississippi Sex-Ed Curriculum Falsely Teaches That Homosexual Activity Is Illegal

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 89 Replies

Mississippi Sex-Ed Curriculum Falsely Teaches That Homosexual Activity Is Illegal

Mississippi state law requires sexual education teachers to tell students that homosexual activity is illegal under the state's sodomy laws. The problem with this is that sexual education teachers are not required to tell students about a 2003 Supreme Court decision making all state laws criminalizing homosexual activity unenforceable.

As dug up by the New Republic, the Mississippi Sexual Education Curriculum law requires teachers to inform students of “the current state law related to sexual conduct, including forcible rape, statutory rape, paternity establishment, child support, and homosexual activity.”

The decision to require teachers to inform students specifically about state — and not federal — laws is not accidental. While federal law declares state sodomy laws banning homosexual activity unenforceable, it does not require states to wipe the laws from their books. They just can’t enforce them.

Because of this loophole, Mississippi teachers are allowed to tell students that homosexual activity is criminal under state law without being required to tell students that the law is unenforceable. Mississippi is not alone in this deceptive, albeit technically legal, tactic. Alabama also instructs teachers to say that “homosexuality is not a lifestyle acceptable to the general public and that homosexual conduct is a criminal offense." Once again, Alabama educators are not required to mention that federal law voids these laws of any power.

Mississippi also requires teachers to make it clear that heterosexual activity in the context of marriage is the only appropriate form of sexual behavior.

Teachers are explicitly told to say that “a mutually faithful, monogamous relationship in the context of marriage is the only appropriate setting for sexual intercourse.”

So, how effective is Mississippi’s abstinence-until-heterosexual-marriage sexual education curriculum? Not very. The state has the second-highest teenage pregnancy rate in the nation. Well done, guys. 

Sources: New Republic, Live Science

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cathygymboree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

They should have been more accurate and stated that it's very unhealthy to the human body.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM

They need to tell them this and also how many people have died embracing this lifestyle and that the supreme court was wrong.

Quote:

Mississippi state law requires sexual education teachers to tell students that homosexual activity is illegal under the state's sodomy laws. The problem with this is that sexual education teachers are not required to tell students about a 2003 Supreme Court decision making all state laws criminalizing homosexual activity unenforceable.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM
12 moms liked this
Any type of "education" that makes people more ignorant and less informed should be illegal.
It won't happen but I can dream
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Considering the where this really doesn't surprise me.

Teaching sex ed is hard enough.  There are far too many people out there who prefer ignorance over education.  Adding this in to the mix is detrimental to our children.

Hopefully they are smarter than those who are appointed to 'lead' them.

lga1965
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM
5 moms liked this
LOL, why ?
Happy people who are good citizens and have people they love are very healthy. Even if they are homosexuals.
People who criticize and lie and discriminate are unhappy and unhealthy. Even if they're straight.

Quoting cathygymboree:

They should have been more accurate and stated that it's very unhealthy to the human body.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Mississippi is ranked at the bottom in education,isn't it ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I am betting they forget to mention this when teaching children about the homosexual lifestyle.

The figure for HIV in the whole population in the USA is 44 times greater among male homosexuals than among heterosexuals! Of course, gay activists spin these figures to suit their own warped propaganda, but they cannot hide from the truth, and their use of foul language against critics does not remove the figures!

CDC says that latest estimates show that white MSM are responsible for the largest number of new HIV cases, with black HIVs' a close second. And yet it is these groups that persuade young people to join them in their frantic sex lives.

It is no coincidence that the figures have risen sharply at a time when laws allow homosexuals to act freely, without restraint, and yet stop opposers from voicing concerns. It comes at a time when ludicrous 'gay marriages' are being forced on the population. It is logical to say that the more people who join this death cult, the more the figures of infection will rise dramatically. It is stupidity to say otherwise.

Quoting lga1965: LOL, why ? Happy people who are good citizens and have people they love are very healthy. Even if they are homosexuals. People who criticize and lie and discriminate are unhappy and unhealthy. Even if they're straight.
Quoting cathygymboree:

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not understanding this part. How should their behavior be restrained? It is no coincidence that the figures have risen sharply at a time when laws allow homosexuals to act freely, without restraint, and yet stop opposers from voicing concerns. 

Quoting candlegal:

I am betting they forget to mention this when teaching children about the homosexual lifestyle.

The figure for HIV in the whole population in the USA is 44 times greater among male homosexuals than among heterosexuals! Of course, gay activists spin these figures to suit their own warped propaganda, but they cannot hide from the truth, and their use of foul language against critics does not remove the figures!

CDC says that latest estimates show that white MSM are responsible for the largest number of new HIV cases, with black HIVs' a close second. And yet it is these groups that persuade young people to join them in their frantic sex lives.

It comes at a time when ludicrous 'gay marriages' are being forced on the population. It is logical to say that the more people who join this death cult, the more the figures of infection will rise dramatically. It is stupidity to say otherwise.

Quoting lga1965: LOL, why ? Happy people who are good citizens and have people they love are very healthy. Even if they are homosexuals. People who criticize and lie and discriminate are unhappy and unhealthy. Even if they're straight.
Quoting cathygymboree:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Not surprising. Mississippi is consistently ranked at the bottom of the barrel in education and income, and at the top for teen pregnancies.
LadyVoldemort
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I'm not surprised
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN