Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Holder: We want to explore gun tracking bracelets

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 121 Replies

April 3, 2014: Attorney General Eric Holder testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington.AP

Attorney General Eric Holder said gun tracking bracelets are something the Justice Department (DOJ) wants to "explore" as part of its gun control efforts. 

When discussing gun violence prevention programs within the DOJ, Holder told a House appropriations subcommittee on Friday that his agency is looking into technological innovations. 

"I think that one of the things that we learned when we were trying to get passed those common sense reforms last year, Vice President Biden and I had a meeting with a group of technology people and we talked about how guns can be made more safe," he said. 

"By making them either through finger print identification, the gun talks to a bracelet or something that you might wear, how guns can be used only by the person who is lawfully in possession of the weapon." 

"It's those kinds of things that I think we want to try to explore so that we can make sure that people have the ability to enjoy their Second Amendment rights, but at the same time decreasing the misuse of weapons that lead to the kinds of things that we see on a daily basis," Holder said. 

The Justice Department has requested $382.1 million in increased spending for its fiscal year 2014 budget for "gun safety." 

Included in the proposal is $2 million for "Gun Safety Technology" grants, which would award prizes for technologies that are "proven to be reliable and effective." 

Click for more from The Washington Free Beacon.

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Jules on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
As if this isn't scary. I get what he is trying to say about gun not being able to be used unless you have this bracelet, but that is getting into dangerous territory.
What next??
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Trying to track the guns is getting into dangerous territory.  I would love to see him try to tell some of these gun owners they have to wear a bracelet, not gonna fly.

Quoting billsfan1104: As if this isn't scary. I get what he is trying to say about gun not being able to be used unless you have this bracelet, but that is getting into dangerous territory. What next??

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder what Mexico has to say about that gem Mr. Holder. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:44 AM
4 moms liked this

The state cops in my store, that I was discussing this with simply stated "holder is an idiot".

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this

That goes without saying.

Quoting Carpy:

The state cops in my store, that I was discussing this with simply stated "holder is an idiot".

lga1965
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Is it a bad thing to be able to detect people who shouldn't be holding a specific gun and possibly preventing a crime?  Why?

tanyainmizzou
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

So my SIL shouldn't be able to use a gun they have at home because it only recognizes my brother?

Quoting lga1965:

Is it a bad thing to be able to detect people who shouldn't be holding a specific gun and possibly preventing a crime?  Why?

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM
8 moms liked this

Child abusers need to be tracked. Rapists need to be tracked. Animal abusers need to be tracked. (all of the above need to be shot imo) My family's guns do not need to be tracked. Once that door is opened all kind of crap could come through.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM

So after you take your shower, get into bed and a rapist breaks in.....what r u going to do....Go find your bracelet before you are able to use the one self defense item that could save you before you are raped?

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

If it was up to Holder, you wouldn't have a gun at all unless you were a mexican drug lord.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

So after you take your shower, get into bed and a rapist breaks in.....what r u going to do....Go find your bracelet before you are able to use the one self defense item that could save you before you are raped?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN