Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Your endometrium is causing abortions

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
  • 60 Replies
2 moms liked this
Turns out, the uterus is pretty inhospitable to implanting embryos. I found this article fascinating, and thought some of you would too. If someone could make it clicky...

http://www.quora.com/Menstruation/What-is-the-evolutionary-or-biological-purpose-of-having-periods/answer/Suzanne-Sadedin?share=1
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Looks like my phone did that automatically lol. No clicky required for me. Is it working for you?
lga1965
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Yup. Most of us have known about the endometrium and SPONTANEOUS abortions. I had a SPONTANEOUS abortion when I was  pregnant in 1966 . My DH and I were so sad. It was supposed to be our first baby. But then in 1967, my endometrium welcomed the fertilzed egg and the placenta nurtured the fertilized egg and enabled my first baby to nestle in there and grow. It is a mystery why our first fertilized egg was rejected but I assume there as a defect in it and the endometrium "knew".

I hope that some of the idiots we have read about lately who want to punish women for miscarrying will learn this important information. 

I also hope that this will enlighten those who think it was "God's will". Nope, it was your own uterus.

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
It worked and was an interesting read. Thank you!
AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm kibd of surprised this hasn't taken off lol.  Aren't more people interested in how the human body works?

jllcali
by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Bump
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Interesting

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM
9 moms liked this

Not when it conflicts with their religious beliefs.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

I'm kibd of surprised this hasn't taken off lol.  Aren't more people interested in how the human body works?

ShadowLark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Cool!  So then why are some embryos just plain better at surviving than others?  I've been pg six times, I have four babies and one on the way.  Yet other women have been pg 20 times and have one kid.

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Very interesting.

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Interesting how our uterus knows how important it is for women to be able to  control their own fertility, but the prolifers do not.  The uterus is actually smarter.

Quoting lga1965:

Yup. Most of us have known about the endometrium and SPONTANEOUS abortions. I had a SPONTANEOUS abortion when I was  pregnant in 1966 . My DH and I were so sad. It was supposed to be our first baby. But then in 1967, my endometrium welcomed the fertilzed egg and the placenta nurtured the fertilized egg and enabled my first baby to nestle in there and grow. It is a mystery why our first fertilized egg was rejected but I assume there as a defect in it and the endometrium "knew".

I hope that some of the idiots we have read about lately who want to punish women for miscarrying will learn this important information. 

I also hope that this will enlighten those who think it was "God's will". Nope, it was your own uterus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN