Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teacher Takes Out Red Pen & Goes to Town on Student's Angry Letter (PHOTO)‚Äč

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Teacher Takes Out Red Pen & Goes to Town on Student's Angry Letter (PHOTO)‚Äč

by Maressa Brown

red penThe absolute best way to contend with unruly teens is up for debate, but one high school English teacher certainly presented a pretty good case for handling one of his students with the power of a red pen. According to a post on Reddit that has now gone viral, a senior at a high school called McKinley posted a letter to their teacher's door. The message was laced with profanities galore and meant to relay that the student, taking it upon him or herself to speak on behalf of their fellow students as well, was fed up with the teacher. Expletive, expletive!

While we don't know if the student got sent to detention or suspended as a result, what we do know is that the teacher did at least in part respond by editing the student's various grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and other style errors with a red pen. The best part: The "advice" the teacher offered at the bottom.

Check it out ...

student letter to teacher corrected with red pen

Now, that's what I call brilliant discipline! Can we get a round of applause for this teacher? Too funny -- and spot-on. I feel like this tactic works so much better than, say, public shaming or even formal action like detention or suspension. It looks to me like a real wake-up call that -- fingers crossed! -- put this kid in his or her place.

Who knows if the incident will improve the kid's grammar, spelling, or even incentive to proofread future communications (irate or otherwise). But maybe they'll think twice before writing a complaint that only serves to make them "look stupid."

What's your take on how the teacher handled this situation?

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the teacher handled it beautifully. A subtle way of helping the student back down off of their pedestal.

Speaking your mind and Freedom of Speech are one thing but a lot of folks forget that those who are the object of their spoken mind and opinions are afforded the same rights.

I applaud the teacher!

Elyssa414
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Love it!
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM

lol

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM

The way the teacher handled it was great. What I want to know is what kid writes that??!! I'm sorry, but that really surprises me & kind of pisses me off. That is what teachers are paid to deal with!? I would turn my kid every which way but loose!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM

*High five* Teacher! lol

Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM

HI five teacher  this  kids writes worse than I do! LOL!

Greenstone920
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Nice.
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Hoax? 

storkneedsgps
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Thats awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I'm sure the teacher used a bottle of wine while doing this. I'd need a bottle of wine to dry up my tears over the stupidity of this kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN