Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Westboro will be protesting my college graduation

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM
  • 35 Replies
http://tmn.fhsu.edu/?p=5931

WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH TO PROTEST FHSU GRADUATION

The Westboro Baptist Church, well known for its protesting of military funerals with the slogan “God Hates F***,” has announced via its protest calendar a plan to protest the FHSU graduation on May 17.

Following the knowledge of the protest becoming public, outrage against the protest began to form on social media, including the popular facebook group, “Ellis county fails,” where plans for counter protests are beginning to form.

This is not the first time the Church has protested in Hays. The group protested at the memorial service of Brian Nichols, a soldier in Hays who killed in the crash of the CH-47 Chinook helicopter, while serving in operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.

According to the church’s calendar the goal of the protest is to “Remind this nation that the universities teach nothing but f** lies and promote filth in place of an edifying educational experience. Universities were initially established to promote scholarship and to preserve knowledge accumulated by the human race over the centuries.”

The message continues, “The faculty, staff and students of Fort Hays State University mimic all other so-called institutes of higher learning in running after sin instead of knowledge.” Following a bible quote the messages follows, “WBC will kindly give Fort Hays State University a true education: the word of God is unchanging. The Lord that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah still reigns. F*** still doom nations. America is still cursed of God for promoting sodomites in all institutions including the universities.”

The church has been in the news recently following the death of the church’s founder and leader Fred Phelps, who died late last month. Since his death the church has stated their message and protests will continue.

--------------------------------------

Does it seem to anyone else that they are desperately grasping at anythingt hat will keep them in the media?
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:04 AM
3 moms liked this

I know this is wrong but I seriously wish they'd all go up in flames. They are flat out the worst of the worst kind of homosapien. I can't even call them people. 

Im sorry to hear they will be crashing your graduation. Hopefully there will be enough supporters of the graduates that these sorry wasted piles of DNA will be lost in the shuffle and not take anything away from your day. Ugh. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM
5 moms liked this

I am personally very proud of Canada, 'cause we won't let them eejits in the country.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
The UK won't let them in either.

Someday they'll wear themselves out. They seem desperate lately.

Quoting LindaClement:

I am personally very proud of Canada, 'cause we won't let them eejits in the country.

blueforewolf
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that people should hold up black sheets in front of the protesters so that their posters and messages can't be read by the people attending the ceremonies - They are really the most despicable people and I wish the media would stop giving them attention in any way, shape, or form - honestly I wish that their church would be smeared with dog shit - 

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Westbrook?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Im sorry to hear that.
lga1965
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I'm sure you mean "Westboro". They are carrying on with Fred's traditional evil,aren't they ? It would be great if a mob of big strong men arrived and scared the crap out of them. Even better if they were all jailed but there's that Constitution that allows evil to be freely expressed. Unfortunately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehutmacher
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting lga1965: I'm sure you mean "Westboro". They are carrying on with Fred's traditional evil,aren't they ? It would be great if a mob of big strong men arrived and scared the crap out of them. Even better if they were all jailed but there's that Constitution that allows evil to be freely expressed. Unfortunately.

Oops. Sorry. Spellcheck n my ipad is a joke. I'll change it now
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on your graduation. That is the most important thing.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Graduations now? Those fuckers are demented. On a positive side, congrats on your graduation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)