Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Father Suffocates Crying Baby So He Could Keep Playing Xbox

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 108 Replies

Father Suffocates Crying Baby So He Could Keep Playing Xbox

empty_baby_cot

Florida police have arrested a man they say suffocated his son, so he wouldn’t have to stop playing his Xbox.

Cody Eugene Wygant,24, admitted to police that he had to suffocate his 1-year-old son because he wouldn’t stop crying, making the house too loud for him to enjoy his Xbox.

wygant_florida_baby-xboxWygant said that he put his hand over the boy’s mouth and nose for 3 to 4 minutes because the boy was crying.

After suffocating the baby with his hands, he put him back into the playpen and wrapped bedding around the child so that he was unable to receive fresh air. The child remained in this state for the next five hours as the father continued his gaming session and watched three episodes of Fringe.

When he finally returned to check on his son, the child was blue, not breathing and unresponsive.

Emergency crews arrived at the house and rushed the child to a nearby hospital, but the baby was declared dead upon arrival.

The reckless disregard in this murder  stunned even longtime officers.

“It is inconceivable that a father could kill his infant son –it just baffles the mind,” Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said. “Our only sense of relief now comes from knowing that we did exactly what we needed to do to bring justice to him swiftly. Our prayers go out to those who knew and loved Daymeon.”

Authorities in Citrus County arrested the father on Thursday on 3rd degree murder charges and willful child neglect. He is scheduled to appear in court later today to face these charges.

Cody Eugene Wygant is not new to the criminal justice system as even at only 24 he has had a long history of arrests in California for crimes ranging from trespassing to rape.

If convicted of the charges levied against him in the death of his son, he could face 15 years in prison.

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
14 moms liked this

So why was this piece of shit allowed to be in the same room alone with the baby? Better yet, who breeds with this kind of garbage? Seriously, I KNOW I sound like a real c-word but why would you bring a human into this world with this as your "partner"?

lga1965
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Sick. Just looking at his picture shows how immoral and cold blooded he is. Yes, where was the baby's mother? Out turning tricks ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GLWerth
by Gina on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM
7 moms liked this

Who breeds with this kind of person? Women who think they can 'fix' men like this. Or, he managed to hide what kind of a person he is from her...or she didn't want to see it, or she's young and has poor judgment. Hopefully, she won't be visiting him in prison, waiting for him, etc.

I know so many people who lost babies that they loved so much, too many that walked into rooms in the morning and found that their children had passed in the night from unknown causes. (Years of infant loss support groups...we go sometimes now to help people understand that it gets better).

While I'm not a violent person and I know it isn't right the visceral reaction in me is to put this man in a room with a bunch of dads who had to bury their babies and see who comes out. I say the dads because the moms would be way worse for this asshole.

Quoting dawnie1:

So why was this piece of shit allowed to be in the same room alone with the baby? Better yet, who breeds with this kind of garbage? Seriously, I KNOW I sound like a real c-word but why would you bring a human into this world with this as your "partner"?

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Now why would you assume that the mother is a prostitute? Come on Iga. That's just wrong. 

Quoting lga1965: Sick. Just looking at his picture shows how immoral and cold blooded he is. Yes, where was the baby's mother? Out turning tricks ?
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Because humans like to have sex and biology finds a way. A lot. Too often. And it wouldn't surprise me if there's domestic violence involved. 

Quoting dawnie1:

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

throwing up 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Something similar recently happened in Korea. The father let his son die of starvation while he played video games. The mother was in another city working. He was unemployed so he stayed with the baby. 

Megan11587
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are we blaming the mother here?  I'm sure he doesn't have a history of suffocating babies.  He may have been a loser, but I'm sure if the mother thought the child was in danger, she would not have left him alone with the father.

Hafsa1
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM
6 moms liked this
Maybe only 15 years?!?! That's disgusting! He killed his child and it's like a slap on the wrist. He has a history of violence, and now this. Lock him up and throw away the key!
lga1965
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this
That was sarcasm. But she must not be too bright if she hooked up with this guy and had s baby and left the baby alone with this immoral loser. I'm sorry but there's no way I am going to always be on the side of all women and blame all men. She has to be a loser too.
Please....

Quoting mehamil1:

Now why would you assume that the mother is a prostitute? Come on Iga. That's just wrong. 

Quoting lga1965: Sick. Just looking at his picture shows how immoral and cold blooded he is. Yes, where was the baby's mother? Out turning tricks ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)