Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Christians (edited)

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 160 Replies
7 moms liked this

I hope you enjoy your family time and time of worship.

lol that's about the only way Im allowed to put it. I hope you get the best out of your time and will be blessed

Edit... Ok didn't think it was such a big deal but I guess "not allowed" was a wrong choice of words on my part so I'll explain.

I can understand where one might think it sounds odd but you knew the Sunnah it would make sense. Stacy put it the best when she said I was trying to use my words with caution as to not give someone the wrong idea and also to add to that just as the Sunnah teaches we should not great or aknowledge any holiday except our own 2. Even "happy birthday" is not supposed to be said. The Prophet Mohammed never allowed anyone to wish him happy birthday because he didn't want it to appear he was being idolized and the same with us "happy birthday" and celebrating our birthdays is giving our self praise and worship that only Allah is worthy of. So it's not only about easter. We are not even supposed to wish each other "happy new year" for Islamic new year. We are never to incite the greating but if offered to us we should say "and may Allah make it a good and blessed day for you" Same with "congradulations and so forth.

I hope that clears it up I really didn't mean to cause confusion and certainly not drama on what is supposed to be a happy day for many.

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Im not a christian but happy easter to you all.  Happy long weekend to everyone else :-)

tvschiulaz
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

I hope you enjoy your family time and time of worship.

lol that's about the only way Im allowed to put it. I hope you get the best out of your time and will be blessed

Sorry I liked your response instead of quoted - my apologies.  So I thank you for the kind words but do not understand when Happy Easter became a bad word in the dictionary.  Are you not allowed to say them?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM
6 moms liked this

Thank you!  It is the most important day!  He has Risen

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:59 AM
"Not allowed"? Why? I don't understand, but Happy Easter to everyone, and whatever you do or don't do today, have a great day on your own terms!
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Just out of curiosity, why is that the only way you are allowed to put it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

This

Quoting turtle68:

Im not a christian but happy easter to you all.  Happy long weekend to everyone else :-)

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you and God bless you today and every day

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Muslims are not allowed to celebrate religious holidays other than their own. So she is being careful not to appear to be celebrating herself while also wishing people the best for their holiday.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: Just out of curiosity, why is that the only way you are allowed to put it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)