Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This Chicago burger joint made no pretense about why they were closed for 4/20.

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

DOING THE DRUGS

He is resin.

Kuma's Corner is a restaurant that serves huge, dripping, mind-bendingly delicious burgers in the Avondale neighborhood of Chicago. When you walk into the establishment and sit down to eat, you are treated to aural cacophony of loud, thrashing heavy metal music. Their burgers have names like the Black Sabbath, the Iron Maiden, the Lair of the Minotaur and (my personal favorite) the Plague Bringer. They somehow managed to snag a location at 666 W. Diversey Parkway for their sister restaurant and made certain to proudly feature its address number.

So, when given the choice between acknowledging Easter or National Weed Day when they remained closed yesterday, it's maybe not a huge surprise which one the restuarant owners chose. Though, I feel like they could have made an equally compelling case for honoring Ä’ostre, the pagan goddess of the dawn, without losing any street cred.

http://happyplace.someecards.com/30767/chicago-restaurant-closed-on-4-20-to-celebrate-weed

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaileysMamma619
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I think companies like this will keep the young crown coming, so it don't matter what his reasons are for closing. He is obviously promoting to a certain kind of crowd by naming the burgers what he does, and playing the music he does. So to each there own. i listen to loud rock, alternative, heavy metal and would definately check this place out...Don't promote the drug usage, but hey it's getting legalized anyways. So how bad can it really be...medical use or not.

shuturpiehole
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:37 PM
3 moms liked this

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM

good

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Ha!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:40 AM

oh well they would of had a real HAPPY day ...hahahahaha

Shoota
by Lauren on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:16 AM
If they are going to be smoking a bunch of pot, I guess its better they were closed? Lol.
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure their employees were stoked to have the day free to celebrate the holiday properly.
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Stoked to toke?

Quoting trippyhippy: I'm sure their employees were stoked to have the day free to celebrate the holiday properly.
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Among other things. But yup. :-)

Quoting Bookwormy: Stoked to toke?

Quoting trippyhippy: I'm sure their employees were stoked to have the day free to celebrate the holiday properly.
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:00 AM
I went to a couple of parties on Saturday from businesses who wanted to celebrate 4/20 early because of Easter. A couple of those were full on parties with people cooking out, cupcakes, beer and likely extra for those willing to explore the grounds for the special Easter eggs (wink wink). Chances are there was a pig in the ground as well as a a full bar and game room hidden in there but I was in a hurry that day.
I wasn't expecting the parties but apparently that's the kind of clientele I'm still considered. Oh well, I love cupcakes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)