Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Has anyone else noticed that white men are stupid?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 121 Replies
4 moms liked this
I do not believe this personally, I am just commenting on a long trend I have noticed. In home security commercials the menacing robber is always a white man. In situations where one man is making good decisions and another making bad decisions, the one making a bad decision is always a white man and many times the man making a good decision is black. I am not offended particularly, nor am I championing this trend, I am just wondering if anyone else noticed?
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't noticed that
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM
14 moms liked this
It's called the "700 Club."
GLWerth
by Gina on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM
19 moms liked this

Some men are very bright, but I think the Y chromosome messes with them sometimes.

All four males in my home have male pattern blindness. They can't see stuff that is right in front of them. If I weren't there, they would have no socks and forty jars of mayonnaise.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOL'd

Quoting Donna6503: It's called the "700 Club."

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Hahahaha!!!!!

Quoting Donna6503: It's called the "700 Club."
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:12 AM
6 moms liked this
I've noticed that in general all men in sitcoms and commercials are idiots and the women are the heroes of the situation.
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Haven't noticed that. I HAVE noticed, for many years, the trend of the wives being much smarter than their husbands. Heck, that goes back to the Honeymooners!

blueforewolf
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I haven't noticed that, but all people are stupid no matter what they are lmfao!

waldorfmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM
11 moms liked this

I have indeed noticed that TV has long used the white guy as a buffoon. 

If they cast the "black guy", or the "other ethnic guy", or the woman as the buffoon, they would be clobbered by the NAACP and similar activist organizations.

So, short of putting a paper bag over the buffoon's head, they are stuck with the white guy as the only safe foil for their comedy ...

I seriously doubt that being dumb or smart has ANYTHING to do with the color of a person's skin ... OR with their age or gender !!

thefiregoddess
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 1:22 AM
11 moms liked this
Yes but if they used a Hispanic or black man as the thief they would be called racist on the news worldwide.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)