Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

vidEOS: ‘Hunky Jesus Contest’ 2014 – Look How Pro-LGBT San Francisco ‘Progressives’ Celebrate Easter Sunday

Bashing Jesus and Christians is fair game but Islam goes untouched by profane homosexual “Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence”

Hunky-Jesus-2014-Bunny-Ears

GOD-HATING ‘GAYS’: A man in bunny ears attends the homosexual “Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence” ”Hunky Jesus” contest mocking the Resurrection of Christ on Easter Sunday. Drag queen “Sisters” like this fellow have been mocking Jesus Christ and His followers for 35 years. Note that cowardly “gay” activists would never spew their vulgar hatred at Muhammed. Large crowds turn out in San Francisco every Easter Sunday for the annual, blasphemous “Hunky Jesus” event. Photos: Facebook page, “Sister Ambrosia Discordia.” Click to enlarge.

“How long will the wicked, O LORD, how long with the wicked be jubilant?”Psalm 94:3

WARNING: VULGAR & OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

Here are two short videos (under two minutes) and some photos covering Easter Sunday’s uber-blasphemous “Hunky Jesus Contest” 2014 in San Francisco [watch on YouTube HERE]. The annual Resurrection-mocking event is sponsored by the San Francisco-based “charity,” Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. [See previous AFTAH coverage of  the "Sisters'" "Hunky Jesus" contest HERE.]

The “Sisters”–who are popular in the homosexual Mecca by the Bay and raise money for mostly homosexual- and transgender-related causes–are a bunch of (mainly) homosexual men who dress up in drag and paint their faces to appear as deviant “nuns.” As such, they mock the Catholic Church specifically and Christianity in general. Their urban popularity testifies to the godlessness, insensitivity, bigotry, and immaturity of snarky modern “progressives”–who strangely view themselves as more sophisticated than the rest of America.

The “Sisters”–spouting perverse names like “Sister Tillie Swallows” –get it? “‘Till He Swallows”: an allusion to homosexual oral sex–are now 35 years old [see their "Sistory" HERE], with “orders” in various other cities like Los Angeles and Boston.

Psalm 94:3 gives me comfort, because I know that God is just. Imagine that all these lost people who mock the resurrected Son of God on the most important date on the Christian calendar will have to answer directly to Him some day! I hope some of the “Sisters” and their fans grow up, repent, and see that Jesus Christ and the Resurrection are real, rather than fodder for raunchy “gay” double entendres–Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth

P.S. My tweet about how we’ll never see a “Hunky Muhammed Contest” follows the video, and under that (after the jump)  is another short video of Hunky Jesus 2014:

to watch videos

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Replies (41-50):
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I hope you realize there are many people in here that really don't care about that.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Being aware that God is being mocked and shown disrespect to, is certainly hurtful.  The purpose of the act is to mock and hurt.   Anytime a group goes out of it's way to do something like this, it's not just a normal part of their day or festivities, it is done with the express intent to hurt others. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Of all the things to be outraged over in this world, I'd say this is pretty low on the list.  And it isn't hurting you.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Oh, I am sure there are some.  But I don't think the others realize that a frontal assault like that is hateful.  Mainly because they don't understand just how offensive it is.  Oh they'll come back with people who don't accept gay marriage are offensive.  But I really don't think they understand

Quoting candlegal:

I hope you realize there are many people in here that really don't care about that.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Being aware that God is being mocked and shown disrespect to, is certainly hurtful.  The purpose of the act is to mock and hurt.   Anytime a group goes out of it's way to do something like this, it's not just a normal part of their day or festivities, it is done with the express intent to hurt others. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Of all the things to be outraged over in this world, I'd say this is pretty low on the list.  And it isn't hurting you.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

as you can see, you are right, many in here have no clue about how hateful this is. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

Oh, I am sure there are some.  But I don't think the others realize that a frontal assault like that is hateful.  Mainly because they don't understand just how offensive it is.  Oh they'll come back with people who don't accept gay marriage are offensive.  But I really don't think they understand

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I didn't say "mock".  Look at some of the things that people post on this forum about gays - they are sinning, unnatural, have a gay agenda, etc etc etc.

I realize that the purpose of the OP is to piss you off - DAMN those horrible gay people!  And now you think you've found someone to argue with - me, since you can't argue with them.

Let's have a look at the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence:

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence® is a leading-edge Order of queer nuns. Since our first appearance in San Francisco on Easter Sunday, 1979, the Sisters have devoted ourselves to community service, ministry and outreach to those on the edges, and to promoting human rights, respect for diversity and spiritual enlightenment. We believe all people have a right to express their unique joy and beauty and we use humor and irreverent wit to expose the forces of bigotry, complacency and guilt that chain the human spirit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisters_of_Perpetual_Indulgence

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (SPI), also called Order of Perpetual Indulgence (OPI) is a charity, protest, and street performance organization that uses dragand religious imagery to call attention to sexual intolerance and satirize issues of gender and morality. At their inception in 1979, a small group of gay men in San Francisco began wearing the attire of nuns in visible situations using high camp to draw attention to social conflicts and problems in the Castro District.

The Sisters have grown throughout the U.S. and are currently organized as an international network of orders, which are mostly non-profit charity organizations that raise money for AIDS, LGBT-related causes, and mainstream community service organizations, while promoting safer sex and educating others about the harmful effects of drug use and other risky behaviors. In San Francisco alone where they continue to be the most active, between 1979 and 2007 the Sisters are credited with raising over $1 million for various causes, or almost $40,000 on average per year.[1]

Early members of the group, while not hiding their masculine features or facial hair, are characterized by San Francisco gay community historian Susan Stryker as the embodiment of "genderfuck".[2] Their appearance has changed over the years; the nun motif remains the same, but it has been joined with exaggerated make-up that accentuates the rebellion against gender roles and religion. The Sisters have attracted controversy both within and outside the LGBT communities, but have received the harshest criticism for obvious parodies of Catholic icons and policies.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Where exactly do Christians mock gay people? 

The intent is clear, or they wouldn't direct it at Christians.  It's a hurtful event. 

Your argument is weak. 

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I imagine that's how gay people feel when they see some of the things said & done to paint them in a horrible light.  Like, um, the OP.

And no, the intent isn't to hurt others.  The intent is to have fun.  If you find it harmful, I suggest you don't look at it. 

Free speech.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it is offensive. I think it can be hurtful and some will see it as hateful.

My question is, what do you think should be done about it? I personally never would have known about this if OP hadn't brought it here. She herself is actually bringing it to more people through such postings. And since this is a free speech issue that can't be stopped, don't you think giving it publicity is actually helping their offensive cause?

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

FOFL. I bet Jesus would laugh. 

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM
8 moms liked this

Maybe if you and those like you treated gay people as equals and with respect they would show you respect in return?  Articles like this just widen the gap between the "sides".

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:37 AM
3 moms liked this

It's quite possible that more than a few of the people participating in this festival feel hurt, disrespected, and wronged by the church.  They may have not been protected enough by the Christians around them to want to take the position of turning the other cheek.   It's disrespectful from your POV, because you respect your religion.  From someone whose respect for the church has been destroyed, I don't know if disrespect is the right term.  

It's certainly angry behavior, and not likely to further the cause of gay people getting respect or support from those Christians who oppose gay relationships.   But polite and respectful discourse hasn't moved things farther in that direction, either. 

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
You have a good point. I photograph for a LGBT magazine and I hadn't heard about this until OP posted it.

Quoting romalove: I think it is offensive. I think it can be hurtful and some will see it as hateful.

My question is, what do you think should be done about it? I personally never would have known about this if OP hadn't brought it here. She herself is actually bringing it to more people through such postings. And since this is a free speech issue that can't be stopped, don't you think giving it publicity is actually helping their offensive cause?

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM
5 moms liked this
Apparently they can act hateful and actively try and deny people rights because they don't agree with other people's lifestyles but they can't take it when it's done to them.

In a perfect world every one would mind their own business and have respect on both sides but this isn't a perfect world.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Maybe if you and those like you treated gay people as equals and with respect they would show you respect in return?  Articles like this just widen the gap between the "sides".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN