Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' if I were in charge'.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 93 Replies

Quote:

Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge

• Share on Google+

Sarah Palin wants terrorists to know how the United States would deal with them if she were president.

Speaking Saturday at the National Rifle Association's "Stand And Fight" rally at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate accused the Obama administration of instating counterterrorism policies that "coddle adversaries."

"Come on. Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen," she said. "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Saturday's rally was part of the NRA's annual meeting, which drew thousands to Indianapolis.

During her speech, Palin focused on Second Amendment rights, which she said liberals are "attacking" in addition to the United States' "foundational values and tradition." According to Palin, creating gun-free zones in schools and other public buildings is "stupid on steroids."

"Maybe our kids could be defended against criminals on the spot if more Mama Grizzlies carried," she said. "And [the] Obama administration wants you ID'd for that? Well, then go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says 'Yeah, I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.'"

Click here to watch Palin's full speech.

AP

581 people are discussing this article with 818 comments

I left the first comment in tact when I C&P'd this here.  That comment brings up good points.

Ah Sarah, you are consistent in  your thought patterns. *sigh*

What smacks me is that she is such the 'Christian' and wants this country run on those 'values'....all the while spewing what she does.

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM
19 moms liked this

all that does is solidify my belief that the only way she should be in the White House is on a public tour.  

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM
4 moms liked this
She's really just the sweetest thing, isn't she? It was what Jesus would do.
idunno1234
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

The thing that bothers me is that on a thread a while back, someone posted some stuff about her time as Alaska's governor which actually painted her more as a moderate, and one who stood up to Big Oil as well as the highly unethical prior administration.....things that made me think twice about her.  Most things I have read about her time as Alaska's governor were positive, although I'm no expert on Palin or her time as governor.  I thought maybe she was ruined by being thrust in the national spotlight and pushed to the right by those handling her.  

But this shit....its just too much.  Not cool, not cool at all.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Good thing she's not in charge...of anything, that I'm aware of.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Why is she still in the news?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting muslimahpj:

Because she is an attention seeker.

Lazy attention seeker.

Actual work is beneath her.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I've read a couple of books on Palin, including one by a close former associate, that were a lot less complimentary about her governorship.  It seems to have been more the case that she exposed one set of corrupt practices and then replaced them with her own set.  Fraud runs rampant in Alaskan politics, same as it does in lots of other places...  

She definitely knows how to appeal to her base: tough talk, black-and-white thinking, etc. 

Quoting idunno1234:

The thing that bothers me is that on a thread a while back, someone posted some stuff about her time as Alaska's governor which actually painted her more as a moderate, and one who stood up to Big Oil as well as the highly unethical prior administration.....things that made me think twice about her.  Most things I have read about her time as Alaska's governor were positive, although I'm no expert on Palin or her time as governor.  I thought maybe she was ruined by being thrust in the national spotlight and pushed to the right by those handling her.  

But this shit....its just too much.  Not cool, not cool at all.

KaleaLani
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:48 PM
She is a frightening individual.
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Lazy attention seeker.

Wait weren't you just whining in candlegals thread on the clown nuns that they should be ignored?  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Lazy attention seeker.

Wait weren't you just whining in candlegals thread on the clown nuns that they should be ignored?  

No thoughts on what Sarah has had to say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN