Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

computer help

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM
  • 32 Replies

I bought a new laptop a few days ago.   It is one that you can use your fingers to move things around instead of a mouse.   It has  a new feature where I can pin or unpin things from my start page.  It disappeared on me a couple of days ago.  Do anyone know how to get that back?

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • sorry, I am frustrated.  I have been trying to get back since friday with no luck.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Does your old computer still work?

If so Google your make, model and problem. There are usual message boards to help people troubleshoot issues.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM

What system is your computer running on?  Do you know the name of the program you're trying to find again?

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

it is the new windows 8

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

What system is your computer running on?  Do you know the name of the program you're trying to find again?

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM

yes it still works but there isn't any reason I can't google it from this one.   I just thought this would save me some frustration.  Roma was able to help me pretty quickly with the last problem I had.

Quoting Sisteract:

Does your old computer still work?

If so Google your make, model and problem. There are usual message boards to help people troubleshoot issues.

BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM

What operating system?  

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Upper right corner if you glide over it a menu should pop up

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

no it was just something that said pin it or unpin it.  when I did a search for that I was told there was nothing.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I'm sorry.  I don't know my way around windows 8 well enough to be of any help here!

I would try Googling for information on the latest windows 8 updates and see if they had to make changes to the program that let you pin.  Sometimes a program will not work with the new updates for a few days, or require a special patch to fix.

Quoting candlegal:

it is the new windows 8

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I can't seem to get the taskbar to show up.  Could I deleted it or locked it out somehow?

Quoting snookyfritz:

Upper right corner if you glide over it a menu should pop up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)