Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fluff: Whats your favorite nail polish?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 21 Replies

The nicest finish?  Wears like iron?

I like China Glaze the best over all I have tried I think and Sally Hansen least. 

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaleaLani
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I like OPI and FingerPaints.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I really liked the gel polish because it lasts, sadly it destroys your nails so I'm once again going bare because I would rather have healthy nails over colorful.  

Next in line would be O.P.I.  and finger paints

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Back in the day before polish was outlawed at my job, I loved Opi.

punky3175
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Check out 'gelous' from Sally Hansen. It gives a gel like finish without the damage and wears for a week. Pinterest has a 'how to' for creating an at home gel manicure. I have it pinned on my beauty board and can send it to you if you'd like.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I really liked the gel polish because it lasts, sadly it destroys your nails so I'm once again going bare because I would rather have healthy nails over colorful.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I bought a kit of that but have't done it.  I generally don't do my own nails because they end up looking like a kindergartner on crack did them.  

Quoting punky3175: Check out 'gelous' from Sally Hansen. It gives a gel like finish without the damage and wears for a week. Pinterest has a 'how to' for creating an at home gel manicure. I have it pinned on my beauty board and can send it to you if you'd like.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

LokisMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I buy the cheap stuff because I've tried some of the more expensive brands and they still chip off in a day or so, even with base/top coats. 

punky3175
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
This is just one bottle of polish and doesn't need a UV light. My left hand usually looks decent but right hand requires a lot of cleanup. :-)

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I bought a kit of that but have't done it.  I generally don't do my own nails because they end up looking like a kindergartner on crack did them.  

Quoting punky3175: Check out 'gelous' from Sally Hansen. It gives a gel like finish without the damage and wears for a week. Pinterest has a 'how to' for creating an at home gel manicure. I have it pinned on my beauty board and can send it to you if you'd like.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

punky3175
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
OPI
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I bought this stuff that you need to use a specific top coat/bottom coat with but it doesn't need a UV light and it comes off with regular polish remover no soaking or scrapping required.  

Quoting punky3175: This is just one bottle of polish and doesn't need a UV light. My left hand usually looks decent but right hand requires a lot of cleanup. :-)
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I like Club Color, I just discovered it in a recent BirchBox I received. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN