Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thwarted School Massacre Plot

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Even though I'm very sad for this family, who now has to live with knowing what he was going to do, I'm so happy to see this in the news in this way- that it was STOPPED before anything happened.

It could have happened again, but it didn't.. because people were paying attention and asked questions. 

I hope that we can all figure out that we are responsible for our communities and for helping each other.  "It's not my problem" is too prevalent.  Several times this year already, I've read about people who have died in their homes and no one's noticed for months, even years.  There's a real disconnect somewhere.  But this community has it right, and I just wanted to throw out some positive vibes today for them and for Littleton.  I grew up there and went to Columbine- and it makes me feel good today that this was prevented. 

http://www.startribune.com/local/257505631.html

by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Holy SHIT!!! 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM
8 moms liked this
And this is why when another student told my son that he knew his dad had a gun and he knew how to use it, I went right to the school yesterday. I have no clue what is going on with kids today but we had better start diverting more attention to it than stuff like "the gay agenda."
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Where is all the; "the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is with a good man with a gun," post?
Cassie2115
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM
This is all over the news here. It's about an hour away from where I live. So glad they caught him before.
stormcris
by Christy on May. 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM

They put him in YDC? Really?

stormcris
by Christy on May. 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't work for bombs.

Quoting Donna6503: Where is all the; "the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is with a good man with a gun," post?

MCA23
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Donna6503: Where is all the; "the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is with a good man with a gun," post?

I'm sure that'll go on somewhere else.. this really boils down to that lady looking out her window and caring enough to make a phone call when something didn't look right to her. 

michal6
by on May. 2, 2014 at 2:52 PM
This is about an hour and a half from where I live, and the town my aunt lives in. It's wonderful that they caught him before another tragic crime took place! This is why I worry about sending my kids to school
mokeekee
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I just don't understand. I really don't.
MCA23
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Quoting michal6: This is about an hour and a half from where I live, and the town my aunt lives in. It's wonderful that they caught him before another tragic crime took place! This is why I worry about sending my kids to school

Yeah I remember sitting here the day that Newtown happened, tears streaming down my face, feeling totally panicked about my own 1st grader in class.  And having a really hard time figuring out if it makes it more likely that it'll happen to us, or LESS likely... It already happened in my own high school, and that seemed utterly impossible to me.  Now it seems all too possible.  But THIS news, helps a whole lot.  It gives me hope that we're learning and getting smarter.  Honestly, I could go the rest of my life without seeing another school related headline and be just fine.  It should be a safe place for everyone and I deeply resent any fear that kids carry around with them now.  I know my kids go through intruder drills, but they don't know EXACTLY why.  I'm grateful that they're too little to be as aware of such things as I am, and can only hope they get to go through their school careers as worry free as possible.  We've had more than enough bad news for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)