Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Large families.. Why does it upset you?

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
  • 469 Replies
12 moms liked this
There's many reasons why larger families have been beneficial through out history..

Yet one mention of The Duggars.. And some people spaz..Why?

The Duggars married in 1984 and stopped using contraceptive pills in 1988 when their doctor suggested it could have contributed to Michelle’s miscarriage. As a result, they have 19 living children and 2 grandchildren. The subject of scorn and ridicule by people who don’t seem nearly as happy as they are, the Duggars continue to have lots and lots of babies, live fairly simple lives, and love each other.

Mind you many of you tell others to get their heads out of your uterus.. Why then does your head beling there?
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM
53 moms liked this
I can't stand the Duggars, and it has less to do with the size of their families than their ridiculous beliefs. If you want to have a big family, don't use them as your money horse, don't make the older kids raise the younger ones, and don't keep trying to have kids when you have a lot, are risking your life, and have already lost one and almost lost a second.

Also, hormonal birth control isn't the only birth control. There are condoms, the NFP method, absitence. No reason to have 19 kids. But they're just strange all the way around. They can do what they want, I don't think anyone should make them stop. But they put themselves out there, and I don't have to like, support, or agree with what they do.

And this is coming from a mom of 3, soon to be 5, which is 'large' by most standards. Clearly not Duggar large, but more than the average.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM
6 moms liked this
All of this except the last paragraph. I dont have five, and that is far from having 19. Those people are fucking weird, and...well just refer to the comment below.

Quoting booaura: I can't stand the Duggars, and it has less to do with the size of their families than their ridiculous beliefs. If you want to have a big family, don't use them as your money horse, don't make the older kids raise the younger ones, and don't keep trying to have kids when you have a lot, are risking your life, and have already lost one and almost lost a second.

Also, hormonal birth control isn't the only birth control. There are condoms, the NFP method, absitence. No reason to have 19 kids. But they're just strange all the way around. They can do what they want, I don't think anyone should make them stop. But they put themselves out there, and I don't have to like, support, or agree with what they do.

And this is coming from a mom of 3, soon to be 5, which is 'large' by most standards. Clearly not Duggar large, but more than the average.
Countess79
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
So if your(general) first child almost dies.. You should just stop having kids.. I mean some would say it's an omen..

Quoting booaura: I can't stand the Duggars, and it has less to do with the size of their families than their ridiculous beliefs. If you want to have a big family, don't use them as your money horse, don't make the older kids raise the younger ones, and don't keep trying to have kids when you have a lot, are risking your life, and have already lost one and almost lost a second.

Countess79
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM
9 moms liked this
People who tjink differently than you... Shouldn't be allowed to have children? Or should conform to your standards? Those both are weird thinking if you adk me!

Quoting Jamaicanmecrazi: All of this except the last paragraph. I dont have five, and that is far from having 19. Those people are fucking weird, and...well just refer to the comment below.

HaYouFail
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM
41 moms liked this
I don't give a shit about their family size. However I despise how they raise their daughters. Women are nothing more than broodmares in their cult. Women are discouraged from striving for more in life, instead of college, a career and then a family, they are encouraged to get married and start popping out kids like a human pez dispenser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booaura
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM
6 moms liked this
No, that wasn't what I meant. When you have an early birth that risks not only the child, but your own life, and you have several other children who still need their mother, and then you have a later miscarriage, yes, then you should stop. If you want more, adopt, but don't risk your physical or mental health for more kids when you already have several that still need you.

Quoting Countess79: So if your(general) first child almost dies.. You should just stop having kids.. I mean some would say it's an omen..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
9 moms liked this
Do you always interpret words in whatever way best suits you? Lol, i literally said nothing like that. And you fucking know it.

Quoting Countess79: People who tjink differently than you... Shouldn't be allowed to have children? Or should conform to your standards? Those both are weird thinking if you adk me!

Quoting Jamaicanmecrazi: All of this except the last paragraph. I dont have five, and that is far from having 19. Those people are fucking weird, and...well just refer to the comment below.

Countess79
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
You don't sound happy.. Why should they follow your paths?

Quoting HaYouFail: I don't give a shit about their family size. However I despise how they raise their daughters. Women are nothing more than broodmares in their cult. Women are discouraged from striving for more in life, instead of college, a career and then a family, they are encouraged to get married and start popping out kids like a eps dispenser.
Countess79
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this
So we call police and firemen heroes for risking their lives.. Why is motherhood different?

Quoting booaura: No, that wasn't what I meant. When you have an early birth that risks not only the child, but your own life, and you have several other children who still need their mother, and then you have a later miscarriage, yes, then you should stop. If you want more, adopt, but don't risk your physical or mental health for more kids when you already have several that still need you.

Quoting Countess79: So if your(general) first child almost dies.. You should just stop having kids.. I mean some would say it's an omen..

booaura
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM
16 moms liked this
How did you get that she isn't happy from her statements about that family? All of which is accurate, that is how they treat their women, and no one should think that that is ok, not in this day and age.

Quoting Countess79: You don't sound happy.. Why should they follow your paths?

Quoting HaYouFail: I don't give a shit about their family size. However I despise how they raise their daughters. Women are nothing more than broodmares in their cult. Women are discouraged from striving for more in life, instead of college, a career and then a family, they are encouraged to get married and start popping out kids like a eps dispenser.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)