Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ben Carson 2016?

Posted by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ben Carson is warming to the idea of running for president. Since the famous brain surgeon retired last year from Johns Hopkins Hospital, he’s been speaking around the country to enthusiastic audiences. And they’ve affected his thinking about seeking national office…

Carson writes that he suspects many others interested in high office would be better candidates. But in his book he has a caveat: “If I felt called by God to officially enter the world of politics, I would certainly not hesitate to do so.”

Interviewed this week, Carson said he’s “starting to feel it. Because every place I go, it’s unbelievable.” One lady “really touched me the other night … She just kept clinging to my hand and said, ‘You have to run. You have to run.’ And so many people tell me that, and so I think I’m starting to hear something.”…

Carson said he has no illusions about running. “It’s a daunting thing,” he told me. “I know how vehemently the left will come after you, try to destroy you, try to destroy your family. But at the same time I recognize that people like Nathan Hale – he said, ‘My only regret is I have but one life to give to my country’ … And if everybody runs for the hills because they’re afraid that somebody is going to attack them or their family, then [the left] will have won.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/ben-carson-moves-toward-presidential-run_792757.html

by on May. 15, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Never heard of him so heres a bump
greenie63
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I just hope he doesn't forget his roots. My friend's son was operated on by Carson and I met him briefly during a hospital visit. He's warm and genuine, at least that was the feel I got from him back in the 80's. Politically I don't care for his views especially since I'm an extreme liberal. I tend to recognize with the Green Party (except for the death penalty).

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

good

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Not a fan of his politics.
Brilliant sugeon., he should stick to the field he was first called.   

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM
3 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

VooDooB
by weird cheese on May. 15, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I always say about the Lawyer in office right now.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Not a fan of his politics.Brilliant sugeon., he should stick to the field he was first called.   

jcrew6
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Because the Community Organizer we have in office right now is doing such a great job...  Hardly...

Quoting snookyfritz:

Not a fan of his politics.Brilliant sugeon., he should stick to the field he was first called.   

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Showing the right winger ignorance

what YEAR was he a community organizer?

What did he do in the years AFTER that?

hmm...I heard it has SOMETHING to do with CONSTITUTIONAL LAW

and the legislature...

and the senate

but yea, Community Organizer is what you state as his profession

LMAO

Quoting jcrew6:

Because the Community Organizer we have in office right now is doing such a great job...  Hardly...

Quoting snookyfritz:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

We aren't discussing the current president.  

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting snookyfritz:

VooDooB
by weird cheese on May. 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a fan of Obama's politics. Until he became president and his platform became a bed of lies.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)